Airtel *gprs* Manual Setting!! Nokia 3230??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,

Finally i took decision to surf net on my pc thru airtel GPRS, so today i recharged my account with Rs.560 and got Rs.348 with 45days. After this i sent "ACT MO" to 200 (as said in IVR) and i got this reply: YOU ARE NOT PREPAID SUBSCRIBER,PLEASE CALL 121. I called 121 and pressed 9 for talking with customer care executive then i got auto reply by IVR that:
DEAR CUSTOMER, PLAESE LEAVE YOUR PROBLEM/QUESTION VIA SMS TO OUR TOLL FREE NO. 121 AND WE WILL SOLVE WITHIN 24HOUR, THANK YOU FOR CALLING AIRTEL"

After this i contact to AIRTEL OFFICE (in patna), where 1st i filled a form for activating GPRS, and then a lady staff took my handset for 30 minutes and entered GPRS setting by manually, but then also it didn't worked. Then she told me to wait for 2hour and keep trying to connect by pressing web button in mobile. Now its passed more than 6hr, and still its not working.

She entered this setting:

Connection Name: MO
Data Bearer: GPRS
Access Point Name: airtelgprs.com
Username: < blank >
Prompt Password: No
Password: < blank >
Homepage: *google.com
Authentication: NORMAL

Under Advanced Settings (she left this setting to default)
Phone IP Address: Automatic
Primary name server: 0.0.0.0
Second. Name server: 0.0.0.0
Proxy server. address: None
Proxy port number: 0

iIs there anything wrong in this setting?? If yes, Plzzz tell me.

When i asked her, why i'm not able to contact CC thru my mobile then she told coz i've called more than 3 times in a day so my outgoing call is barred to CC for 45days. :( Now i cant contact CC also, baar-baar AIRTEL OFFICE jaana parega.Or i can send my problem via sms to 121 but it never solve anything. So what should i do now?????? Whom to contact?

plzzzzzzzzzz guyzzzz help me.... and tell me the right gprs setting for my nokia 3230. My handset have no problem coz its working fine with BSNL GPRS. And my balance is still Rs.348

SAURAV
(patna)

Pathik

Google Bot
the settings are absolutely correct....
it seems that MO hasnt been activated on ur no.
wait for some more time or contact airtel again

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
pathiks said:
the settings are absolutely correct....
it seems that MO hasnt been activated on ur no.
wait for some more time or contact airtel again

r u pakka naa???

K

krazyfrog

Yes he's pukka. And to activate Mobile Office, don't waste time sending sms or going to CC office. Instead call the airtel cc through a landline phone. The number here in mumbai is 9892098920. Might be the same for Patna. If not, find out. Call them and tell them to activate MO directly from their side. They'll tell it'll get activated in 6 hours. Usually takes 5 minutes.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
hi guyzzzzzzzzzzzzz................ finally my MO get activated. and its showing this speed: 921.6kbps on my pc, but not working fast like RELIANCE 115kbps. Why??

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Today GPRS activated till now since morning i browsed more than 60mb and stil surfing. :) and downloading wallpapers, small software....

pmharsh

Right off the assembly line
friends please help me
i use samsung x620 mobile to connect to mobile office please send me the settings as i cant acess internet on pc using mobile office please help me with my mobile office settings in my phone .the cc has been of no help to me so far

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
hey frnds, still my balance is Rs.348. Nothing is deducted 4 GPRS usage. why?? Till now i've used 285MB.

K

krazyfrog

Airtel don't deduct money on the amount of data downloaded. Instead they charge you on a per day basis (in case of prepaid) and on a monthly basis (in case of postpaid). If you haven't been charged yet, don't worry. Soon you'll see a big hole in your account balance (the size of the hole being equivalent to the number of days you used MO multiplied by the per day charge.)

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
pathiks said:
yup airtel ll deduct a huge amt after sometime.. Dont think u r getting it 4 free..

But guyz..... i've alreday asked about this with CC that @ Rs.249/month i can enjoy unlimited usage, and there is no other plan for GPRS in patna (like per day).
Airtel don't deduct money on the amount of data downloaded. Instead they charge you on a per day basis (in case of prepaid) and on a monthly basis (in case of postpaid). If you haven't been charged yet, don't worry. Soon you'll see a big hole in your account balance (the size of the hole being equivalent to the number of days you used MO multiplied by the per day charge.)

But guyz..... i've alreday asked about this with CC that @ Rs.249/month i can enjoy unlimited usage, and there is no other plan for GPRS in patna (like per day).
______

By the way........ do u've CrazrFrog ringtones and song?? :)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
google it u ll find many sites

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
but u only said na that its 249 per month.... so it wont depend on usage...
wait a month and then tell us... if they dont cut money then u r lucky...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
sometimes they dont deduct the money.
And if they hav to deduct the money they sud hav done this at the time MO got activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom