Airtel GPRS (Mah&Goa) Rise in Rentals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_63

Broken In
What I believe is the rentals have to be uniform to a state if they are facing some extra overheads in some states. What ever should be a reasonable amount. Also some check on these increases or decreases have to be maintained. Is GPRS not covered under trai?

Airtel GPRS was a really good economical, with good connectivity, leaving aside occasional bandwidth. But the sudden rise in its rentals without prior information to subscribers, (Maharashtra &Goa) is surprising, although they say that prior info was sent through sms. I dont know how many of them received and are aware of the new prizing structure. Because I did not received.

Is their any other option left for us, I had read somewhere, you can use the airtel live for free, is it working like the mobile office? and how many days it will run, definitely the company will come out with a patch! if this becomes common.

Well friends, let me know if their is an alternative, in comparison. Bsnl is only for postpaid and I dont know about the service, do you know hutch rates? Please feed me up.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
BSNL has a scheme on postpaid only i.e. Rs.199 unlimited+100(rental).That means minimum Rs.300pm and we all know about BSNL SERVICE. and they don't provide EDGE (i guess).
BTW what is the current rate of MO in Maha&Goa? Airtel has no uniform rate for MO in india. Before Feb.2005, MO was Rs.99/m at kolkata, but suddenly they increase to Rs.249/m !!!!!!!!!!!!! They are really .......

OP
A

Ash_63

Broken In
Tech.Masti said:
BSNL has a scheme on postpaid only i.e. Rs.199 unlimited+100(rental).That means minimum Rs.300pm and we all know about BSNL SERVICE. and they don't provide EDGE (i guess).
BTW what is the current rate of MO in Maha&Goa? Airtel has no uniform rate for MO in india. Before Feb.2005, MO was Rs.99/m at kolkata, but suddenly they increase to Rs.249/m !!!!!!!!!!!!! They are really .......

So friend you mean to say there is no alternative, and we have to just adjust to whips of these private players. presently the rental for mo in maharashtra & goa is 12/- day, 360/- for month.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i can't remember the place, but somewhere MO is Rs.600/m. Broadband is better because you can get DataOne @250/m+data transfer rate, and dataone is 256 kbps.

nikhilpai

Techans
Not only is Airtel irrationally increasing MO rates in one circle & decreasing it in the other, they don't even mention the rates on their website.
If you goto Mumbai circle on their website & click on Other Services, you are taken to the Roaming rates for Mumbai circle. Nowhere does the site mention the MO rates for Mumbai.
Hutch website is that way very good & always updated.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
yah, they have no clearly announcement about MO charges, i can't find any correct information about MO in their WB website, at least.

OP
A

Ash_63

Broken In
So friends, I am not only the one it seems not informed about the increase in rentals. Now, can we do something about it? May their is some consumers forum or something where we can file such cases, so that these people atleast inform us before making any changes. Air tel has a commercial customer service and a technical service, on times I had found the technical services just does not respond or disconnect the call. And thier is a limit of calling the cutomer cell, if we call more than three times even if the call is not entertained, than gosh! you wont be able to connect them for 24 hrs. Let us come up with more views so that we could decide atlest somekind of resistance.

Tech.Masti said:
i can't remember the place, but somewhere MO is Rs.600/m. Broadband is better because you can get DataOne @250/m+data transfer rate, and dataone is 256 kbps.

You are right! i do agree Broadband is the best answer. But in places like developing cities, only Bsnl provides the broadband. Already after years of torture by the service, and Bills for internet, I had switched of to GPRS as a cheap and better alternative, if it works the way it should, and be a trustable service, which it is failing. Going back to Bsnl landline for broad band is again painstaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom