AGP2.0 4X 128MB GRAPHICS CARD WANTED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
I want to buy a graphics card which supports AGP 2.0, 4X complatible and 128MB in the range of 3000 and below.

My motherboard supports only AGP 2.0 and 4X card.

Earlier I tried Gigabyte FX 5200, but it did not work on my intel 845GL mobo. But it did not work as it supported only AGP3.0.

Pls suggest a card.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
are your sure your board has an agp slot ? i checked the intel website and the 845gl board doesnt have an agp slot according to their specs , see here,

*www.intel.com/design/motherbd/va/index.htm
*www.intel.com/design/motherbd/ly/index.htm

plz tell us complete config with the exact motherboard name. thanx.

OP
A

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
It has an AGP slot.
May be this link will stand for the above:

*www.pcpartner.com/products/Intel/M-A34L.htm

Any idea if GeForce MX 4000 is a good option? I am getting it for 2550/-.
Will all games work?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
mx 4000 will be of no use , better go for gf 5200 atleast it supports dx9. and ya one thing u shud know is agp 8x is backwards compatible with agp 4x. so u shud not have any probs. why dont u use some software like everest home edition and tell us the exact model number of your board? it will of great help as i can check the specs out and suggest the best stuff.

OP
A

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Please follow the link given below. I have put all my system details generated by everest home edition.

PLease help me find out if Gigabyte FX 5200 will work on my system or not. And what shoul I do to make it work if it is supported.
If it dsnt work den pls suggest a card.

------------------------------------------------------------
*cc.1asphost.com/aseemnas/mypc/report.htm
------------------------------------------------------------

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
If your motherboard has a standard 4x AGP slot, an FX5200 or any other 8x card should work. If it doesn't, it's most probably due to some other factor.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Hey Aseem. When u say it don't work, what exactly do you mean?
As already pointed out, agp 8x is backwards compatible with 4x.
One problem I could think of would be the power supply. FX5200 agp requires 250watts or more as minimum requirement. What smps do you have?

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Can some one explain "AGP2.0 cards".
I have A7V400-MX motherboard which says it will only suppoet AGP 1.5V graphic cards and does not support AGP 3.3V cards.Can someone explain this.

OP
A

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
8X may be backward compatible to 4X. But is AGP 3.0 compatible with AGP 2.0?

I mean voltages required for both AGP 2.0 and AGP 3.0 are different. And can damage the card.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Try this link:
*www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/10,63.html

I have run my ATi radeon 9700pro on a 2x, 4x and 8x mother boards. But as the article says, mine could be a universal card.

indro

In the zone
There should be no problems in that motherboard .The main thing is that fx5200 will also work on a 1.0 AGP version MB, the only problems which you may face is that sometimes while playing games at high resolutions ,may hang on you and make the system unstable.Otherise u are good to go with it .

All new ver cards are 1.5v ,if the cards needs high voltage,it takes external connection from the SMPS directly itself. For 5200 ,its not applicable .So no worries .Most of the fx 5200 does not even have a fan for cooling purposes .

indro

In the zone
frankly , i 've never heard of that mobo manu before , i tried on asus and intel boards , it always works .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom