Adware and Spyware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever i aam online,many advertisements appear,i am using zonealarm pro spyware,ad-aware se plus,my os is xp sp2,can anyone please help me and some graphics appear on screen like trying to find jobs etc :(

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
those are popups. u can prevent them by configuring ur popup blocker. u might download a popup blocking software for it. otherwise, u cant block these ads. it is not necessarily spyware.

zone alarm is for blocking ur programs from gaining access to the net, not for popups.

anandk

Distinguished Member
first scan ur pc with adware and spybot or ms antispy to check forany adware. then clean up ur pc junk using freeware 'ccleaner'.

ie/xpsp2 / google toolbar / maxthon have great popupblockers.

sachit

Right off the assembly line
im having the same problem too.

whenever i start my computer, a program tries to connect to www.ad-a-w-a-r-e.com. Im using Norton Antivirus/Zone Alarm Pro and Spybot Search and Destroy. It keeps displaying pop-up ads. What do i do? Should i use another Anti-Spyware/Anti-virus/Firewall software?

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
keep all adaware defintions upto date. run scans regularly. make sure u have realtime protection with any antispy software such as Spyware Doctor, Windows defender etc. that really reduces the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom