advice on printer for home use!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdoc

Broken In
hi all
i would like know the best printer for home use for a budget under 4000 rupees.i plan yo use it for occasional printing works anyway not more than about 100 pages a month.i am thinking of canon pixma ip 1000.what do you guys think of that??or should i go for a B and W LASER PRINTER??IS IT AVAILABLE FOR UNDER 4000K?? DO SHARE YOU GUYS VIEW ON THAT... 8)

phatratt

In the zone
i don't think laser printers are available under 4K(correct me if am wrong)better look for epson or canon inkjet printers,even HP offers good quality and fast printing but suffers from high running costs(catridge cost)

If you are restricted to b/w printing ONLY,better opt for laser by extending your budget.

OP
techdoc

techdoc

Broken In
thank phatratt for the reply. :D .i heard epson inkjet printers sucks.should i go for the hp one or the canon ??

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I have HP 1315. Costed me 4100 in June 05. It is a PSC (printer, scan and copy). I have no problems with this printer.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
techdoc said:
thank phatratt for the reply. :D .i heard epson inkjet printers sucks.should i go for the hp one or the canon ??
U heard absolutely wrong.I have used EPSON for almost 4 year now without any problem.Running costs are low too !!

If u can spend 4000 here are ur choices...
1.Epson C45 Rs 2000
2.Epson C63/67 Rs 3200
3.Canon iP 1000 Rs 2100
4.Canon iP 1600 Rs 3100
5.HP 3940 Rs 2450

If u want to go fro an MFD here are your choices
1.Epson CX1500 Rs 3500
2.HP PSC 1410 Rs 3900

I've used almost every printer out of these nd from my experience i would recomend that u should go for Either EPSON C 67 or Canon iP 1600 because of their great pprinting capabilities nd low running costs coz both of them support inkdividual cartridges..
Hope this will help

N.B. Stay away from lexmark printers coz they look great but running costs are too high to manage

OP
techdoc

techdoc

Broken In
thanks a lot sidewinder for that elaborate reply and for enlightening me on epson printers. thanks chirag too. btw sidewinder- thats a pretty cool name.i believe thats the name for a missile\snake?? :D

any body who has experience with printers please do chime in.it will be especially useful to suggest a printer with low running costs and good quality.. 8) [/u][/b]

phatratt

In the zone
hey techdoc,epson sucks??i don't think so,coz they offer low maintain costs and trouble free printing.only letdown is that they are slow in printing compared to canon or hp .Also,epson has/had a paralle port interface(only with the base model) when all others upgraded to USB port interface,hence slow printing.

h_kunte

Journeyman
For low-end home printing solutions, I found Canon ip1000 to be very useful...The base cost is low, print quality is excellent, Printing speed is very good, low maintenance, & more than all, running costs works out to very less...

On the whole, a very effective printing solution for basic home purposes...

HK

dreams

Gracias Senor
h_kunte said:
For low-end home printing solutions, I found Canon ip1000 to be very useful...The base cost is low, print quality is excellent, Printing speed is very good, low maintenance, & more than all, running costs works out to very less...

On the whole, a very effective printing solution for basic home purposes...

HK

I agree.. cos 2 weeks bac i bought a Canon Pixma 1P1000.. works gr8 and the print quality is excellent.. and cost is also low compared to ur budget.. dont hv any second tought and juz go n grab a Canon..

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
One more vote for Canon IP1000. Bought it a month ago after reading all the review on the net and in DIGIT. Excellent printing quality ,very fast printing,compact design and very easy to setup. A value for money product. Don't think twice buy it. Only thing I didn't like was that the printer cable is not provided in package and u have to buy it seperately. Cost around 50-75 rupees at my place.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
techdoc said:
thanks a lot sidewinder for that elaborate reply and for enlightening me on epson printers. thanks chirag too. btw sidewinder- thats a pretty cool name.i believe thats the name for a missile\snake?? :D

any body who has experience with printers please do chime in.it will be especially useful to suggest a printer with low running costs and good quality.. 8) [/u][/b]

yups..its a missile ! u got it right.
It has a kill rate of 80% in gulf war
What i mean is I AM BANG ON TARGET :D :D

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
sidewinder said:
PainKiller said:
pixma i1000 has best quality for home users..go 4 it
do keep one thing in mind...pixma ip1000 has no output tray nd its a bit noisy too

exactly, but these can b substituted by the print quality it offers. oh, one more thing, the pixma i1000 doesnt come bundled with the usb cable. so u need to shell some extra moolah to buy a usb cable :cry:

OP
techdoc

techdoc

Broken In
hi all you guys !!thank you all for that warm responses.so many of you guys are suggesting canon ip 1000. hmm..

i have narrowed down my choice to canon ip 1000/1600 or epson c67.and i have still not ruled out mfds.will decide after some more research.mean while do canon ip 1600/epson c67 offers any significant advantage over canon ip 1000?? .do all of them supports individual catridges..??please do come out with suggestions..thank you guys once more. :D

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
techdoc said:
hi all you guys !!thank you all for that warm responses.so many of you guys are suggesting canon ip 1000. hmm..

i have narrowed down my choice to canon ip 1000/1600 or epson c67.and i have still not ruled out mfds.will decide after some more research.mean while do canon ip 1600/epson c67 offers any significant advantage over canon ip 1000?? .do all of them supports individual catridges..??please do come out with suggestions..thank you guys once more. :D

YES THEY ACTUALLY DO !
These two supports inkdividual cartridges that means a lot cheaper printing !
As an example while a normal colour text page in epson c 45 costs around Rs 3.50 it comes down to almost Rs 2 in case of inkdividual cartridges.
Since u are willing to spend around Rs 4000 then it would be beter if u go for slightly higher end printers as they offer a lot value for money.
U can also go for MFD's but remember they all built around basic printer model.

Go for Epson c67 with your eyes closed.It offers superb performance and its pretty fast too !
As a long time printer user I recomend you !
Canon iP 1600 would also be a very good choice !

tuxfan

Technomancer
Canon IP Pixma 1000 rocks! I use it even in my office and we have taken 3 and are planning to take one more. Its very small. We have now even found out reliable and cheap compatible cartridges. One B&W costs about Rs. 80 and can be refilled a couple of times!

rajeshdm

Right off the assembly line
Where can i buy Canon IP Pixma 1000 at lamington road? In pune it is available for rs. 2400/-- at baba computers ,tilak road.
Please help.

tuxfan

Technomancer
There are lots of shops even on the main road of Lamington Road. Inquire about the prices at a few places and then take. Plug N Play, I / O, Rajshree Syatems, PC Guide, etc.

But why don't you take it from Pune itself? Even if its cheaper by a few bucks at Lamington Road, what happens if you need to enforce the warranty? Will you come back to Mumbai? Take it from Pune if that is where you stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom