ADSL WOES

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saiaspire

I have a SMC USB/ADSL modem and i use BSNL Broadband. When i try to connect to internet i get a error saying that" Remote Computer did not respond" but when i restart my system , i am able to connect. please help me guys!

-Sai
(saiaspire@yahoo.com)

mario_pant

In the zone
hey.... try swithing off your modem and and unplug it and keep it on a rubber/wooden surface for 1 hour then put it back where it was... dont switch it on... switch on the PC... make sure the modem is off and is not kept on a carpet/mat.... then when the comp starts, switch on the modem...
then goto start>run and then type "ping 192.168.1.100 -t" that gateway IP is the one wich the BSNL guys put... plz check ur gateway IP and then hit enter... if the ping returns data... then there is absolutely nothing wrong with ur modem...
then do a ping on the DNS server....

also please check the status of *192.168.1.1
username: admin
pass: admin or password

i dont know about ur modem interface... but check if there are any green/yellow/red lights...
if there are plz tell me... then i'll tell you what to do..

usually the first process works for my huawei modem.....

Last edited:
OP
S

saiaspire

Thanks Mario, the modem really works fine now, you are really great!

-Sai :)

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey mario_pant
What is the logic behind putting the modem on rubber or wooden surface?
Can u clarify mu doubt.

mario_pant

In the zone
the logic is that it will transfer any static charge on the surface of the modem and the logic behind not keeping the modem on a mat/carpet is overheating!
and does this work for you?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
hey.... try swithing off your modem and and unplug it and keep it on a rubber/wooden surface for 1 hour

Charges flow at the speed of light (3x10^8 meters/sec) then y to keep the Modem on a wooded surface for 1 hour bro ???:shock: :shock:

Cheers n e-peace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom