ADSL router for MTNL Triband///

Status
Not open for further replies.

anispace

dattebayo
I am going for triband NU plan and just wanted to know whether i should buy my own ADSL router or use the one provided by MTNL?

Also which model works for triband and what r the prices in Mumbai?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
use MTNL one, if ur modem gets screwed, MTNL will replace it for free

dont double post, u aksed the same question here too
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=299354#299354

reporting

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Warranty is for a year. MTNL will give a lifetime warranty, as long as you are using their services!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
anispace wrote:
am going for triband NU plan and just wanted to know whether i should buy my own ADSL modem or use the one provided by MTNL?

Well i did purchase the ROUTER (wrongly referred to as MODEM in this thread) well the MODEL tat u require is a D-LINK ADSL ROUTER model DSL-502T wich u will get around Rs.4100/- (+/- Rs.200) depending on the dealers

I purchased the ROUTER and since now it has gone bad just once(and it was in warranty period tats y i got it repaired).

If u buy the ROUTER on ur own expense,make sure to take the ROUTER to the MTNL office (located in ur area) so tat the guys can configure it (setting the IP address and DNS server).

There is no hard and fast rule tat u shud buy the ROUTER on ur own expense or take in on a MONTHLY RENT of Rs.80/- (charged by MTNL) its ur own wish :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

shariq_pj

Broken In
ashu888ashu888 said:
anispace wrote:
am going for triband NU plan and just wanted to know whether i should buy my own ADSL modem or use the one provided by MTNL?

Well i did purchase the ROUTER (wrongly referred to as MODEM in this thread) well the MODEL tat u require is a D-LINK ADSL ROUTER model DSL-502T wich u will get around Rs.4100/- (+/- Rs.200) depending on the dealers

I purchased the ROUTER and since now it has gone bad just once(and it was in warranty period tats y i got it repaired).

If u buy the ROUTER on ur own expense,make sure to take the ROUTER to the MTNL office (located in ur area) so tat the guys can configure it (setting the IP address and DNS server).

There is no hard and fast rule tat u shud buy the ROUTER on ur own expense or take in on a MONTHLY RENT of Rs.80/- (charged by MTNL) its ur own wish :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

Hey... I too hav the same modem man... But got it within 2500 bucks in chennai's Ritchie street... It works pretty well and i'm very much satisfied...

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
why wud u buy for such a heavy price when u can get it at Rs1200 with wireless ports.... they also offer routers so-called modems... with 5ports at the SAME price???

and all that IP address and DNS can be set by us too..... it's given in the Manual......

But, i have DataOne.... so what are the similarities... i donno... though i do know.... they are not too diff!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom