ADSL getway problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well i have a dataone connection... therefor i had been asigned UT300R2 modem (getway)...

*img426.imageshack.us/img426/2060/00011606ko.th.jpg

for few month it worked fine but recently it developed a disconnection problem... therefor on my complain BSNL guyess channged the getway with a new SmartAX MT882...

*img426.imageshack.us/img426/6360/00011590va.th.jpg

now the problem i am facing is with the new modem config portal ( *192.168.1.1/ ) this contropanel is hosted in side of the getway... so if the modem gets changed the host should also be changed... but in my case, it seems that the old interface of the UT300R2 is bufferd in my system,

*img286.imageshack.us/img286/7233/screen024fe.th.jpg

in very few ocation when i hit 192.168.1.1 in my browser i see the SmartAX MT882 control panel...

*img286.imageshack.us/img286/3999/screen017lv.th.jpg

but rest of the time it (192.168.1.1) takes me to the old control panel...

now when it takes me to the old control panel (UT300R2) if i ping the IP 192.168.1.1 the reply takes around 17ms which should take <1ms....

now how can i make sure that system gets access to the new control panel? (with user name of Admin & new pw admin)....

:roll: :roll:

pls help...

praka123

left this forum longback
yaaar..is that gateway u r referring as getway?
sorry.dont know much.but if u remove the gateway ip and ipaddress and save,restart and again try setting the values...will that help.... :D got the same modem.place it vertically...lot of heat.... :eek:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think the page has been cookied/cached

clear ur IEs cookie/cache/history either completely or specifically

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
QwertyManiac said:
I think the page has been cookied/cached

clear ur IEs cookie/cache/history either completely or specifically

hmm i did cleard cookie & cache, also offline contents earlyer... but forgot about the history... anyway.. i did... not much help... still most of the time old CP is coming up... :cry: :roll:

Ashis

In the zone
Man I have UT300R2 modem (getway)....
But Don't Know how to Configure It?
Can U tell me how to do so?

I dial to the BSNL server!
*img512.imageshack.us/img512/9092/0017046se.jpg :cry:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Asish
if u can connect then what kind of config u want??

anyway... there is a nother way of connection, may b u r interested in that (directly from that getway..)..

well for that fireup ur browser, go to *192.168.1.1 here u will be asked for password...

User Name: admin
Pass word: utstar

now when loged in, go to setup tab.... u should see,

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/9303/023lp.th.jpg

now there would 8 connection... delete all of them exept keeping the pvc_0_32 ....

now in that connection make the type PPPoE, and enter ur BSNL ISP user name & password.... click apply, now go to tools tab, then System Commands there save ur config & restart the getway...

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/1310/030iw.th.jpg

aslo follow the guide from BSNL,
*www.calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/menu.html

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
ok, try openin it with someother browser, if the same comes up again then its saved in temp/system files else its in IE itself...

Also, plz run a disc cleanup and clean TEMP !

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
QwertyManiac said:
ok, try openin it with someother browser, if the same comes up again then its saved in temp/system files else its in IE itself...

well earlier i was trying with FF & IE... as both had the problem... thats why i installed Opera.... but it cant open *192.168.1.1/ .... :roll: any other browser apart from IE engine, Mozilla & opera??

Ashis

In the zone
@Cheeta
Is it necessary to delet all other connection?
And again the information U provided is for calcutta, Will it work at my place (BHUBANESWAR) ?+

Do we need to install any PPPoE software ?

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Ashis said:
Is it necessary to delet all other connection?

its up to u... if u dont want to dial anything from ur system & just want to start the getway & get connected... then its YES....

Ashis said:
And again the information U provided is for calcutta, Will it work at my place (BHUBANESWAR) ?+

yup... if the hardware is same (UT300R2) then its same for every whare...

ASHIS said:
Do we need to install any PPPoE software ?

windows after 2000 comes with itergraded support for PPPoE.... but for win98SE there is a patch in the avobe post link... about linux.. few that i tried... detects the UT300R2 as getway & access the net... :D

what about my problem?? :roll: .... i am still facing it... :cry:

Ashis

In the zone
@Cheeta
Hey Thanks!
I followed the URL Broadband Menu & finally managed to solve my problem. Now I don't need to dial all the time!
And even I can C the PPPoE light Glow :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom