Adobe Lightroom Beta 3 : Preview & using

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Adobe has released the beta 3 of Adobe Lightroom application, which is a quick & handy tool made for photographers….who don’t want to use the complexity of Photoshop, but yet need a powerful tool for their digital photographs…for its editing, management, color correction etc

Lightroom beta 3 install is over 130 MB, which comes with a lot of sample files & tutorials, however anyone who is familiar with ACDSee or Photoshop or any image correction application can use it without any training or any knowledge required…it’s just, simple & to the point. U can download the Lightroom only install which is a 7 MB zip file from here. Remember this beta 3 will expire on July 30 2007 Mods, if providing the installer in this way is not apropriate then plz remove the link

When u start light room, it makes a default library in you’re my pictures folder, then when editing u have to import a picture in it which it gives an option to copy in it’s library, it is made for photographers, so although it supports all image files importing, when exporting u have the option to export as JPG, TIF, PSD & DNG only

U can directly import DNG files taken from your digital camera, & Lightroom adjusts the image, according to the exif data in it, such as color temperature etc…which u can modify later. DNG is what light room is made to be used on…as it is supposed to be a quick alteration tool for digital images taken by digital camera or mobile phones

U will find that it has all the tools already given in the mature application such as Photoshop, which still is the best image editing software out there., the tools such as straightening, crop, noise removal, color correction all are given here, in a neat, easy to understand mode.

The changes u made are not made on the real file, it is copied to the library folder & then on the fly changes can be seen as u modify it

There are 4 section of Lightroom

1)Library : As the name states, its your image library & u can search or sort or do whatever u want with it...comes in handy
*img144.imageshack.us/img144/4650/lightroomfullnu1.th.jpg

2)Developer : This is where u edit your image, u can make all the usual changes such as color correction, sharpening in this, the auto mode comes in handy many time
*img291.imageshack.us/img291/6915/snag0003ny0.th.jpg

3)Slideshow: Don’t know why a photographer will need it, but still it’s good to preview or save for web
*img74.imageshack.us/img74/7062/snag0004mo4.th.jpg

4)Print : The final stage where u print the photo, according to industry standards or your own settings
*img74.imageshack.us/img74/2355/snag0005yt9.th.jpg

The interface is very clean & u can hide all the panels by clicking on the arrow buttons there, the system requirements are very low....on my system it was flying in usage

PS : I m uploading the file

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
G

gxsaurav

just as a trial, i modified a pic i took in Saharaganj here, in lucknow of a vintage car

Original

*img116.imageshack.us/img116/1199/rampyariet3.th.jpg

Modified

*img117.imageshack.us/img117/8500/rampyari2ju5.th.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom