Adobe illustrator problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SE><IE

I asked one of my friends to download adobe illustrator CS2, amazingly he downloaded a non-english version. I cant seem to find out what languagae its in. Perhaps in german (because the zip file was of 424MB and 424 was of german version only)
Anyways here's the screenie to help you out.
*img103.imageshack.us/img103/961/spalasheu4.th.jpg
Is there anyway by which I can convert the "German" version to english version, because I dont want to download the 398MB file(english version) again :(

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

SE><IE

lol, did you think I chose the wrong language? :) No, take a look at this one *img305.imageshack.us/img305/5201/installkm6.th.jpg. I suppose there are just some files which give define language of menu-items, splash screen etc. They won't make a german version from scratch, right. Even in case you haven't used this s/w, you can simply think of it as just another s/w (perhaps from adobe) :)

OP
G

gxsaurav

u cannot change it, the language is hard coded in the setup

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
lol, I was not thinking all this.
I was trying to say, that after starting the setup wizard, don't u get an option to select the language? coz in many setups, we get an option in drop-down box to select the language :)

neway, u can try following:

1.) Open setup.ini file in setup folder (if available) and look for Startup section. If its there, then add or edit following line:

EnableLangDlg=Y

2.) Also look for lang.dat file and if its also there, then remove all other entries of different languages other than english.

PS: I opened Page maker setup folder and look for what can be done. So above methods I gave from doing R&D with Pagemaker setup. :D May be they work for u?

OP
S

SE><IE

Well... yes, there was the EnableLangDlg=N and I changed it to Y, But that seemed to be of no use(nothing changed in the setup wizard). The lang.dat file is non existent :(
May be I may open it with reshacker and manually edit the menu-item names. (hope so atleast). Still, if there is any way out then please tell me (<<@all) :D

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U said there is line EnableLangDlg=N and u set it to N again? :confused:
Was that a typo or u didnt changed it to Y?

Actually this option is to show the language selection option in the setup wizard. :D

I hv also uploaded the lang.dat file in ZIP file. After extracting the file copy it to the setup folder and then try to run the setup again!

OP
S

SE><IE

Oh yeah! that was a typo, I've corrected it now :D
Well take a look at the setup.dat file. It reads
[Languages]
count=1
default=407
key0=407

(PS: They have been changed to 409 in the attached file as in lang.dat 409 is english and 407 is german)
from these entries it looks that they don't make any use of lang.dat. Anyways I tried installing it again after copying lang.dat but no use. Oh man! I dont wanna learn german :D

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Try to change the line:

RequireExactLangMatch=0404,0804

to:

RequireExactLangMatch=0409,0409

or

RequireExactLangMatch=0409

or

simply delete the whole line!

Try all of these combinations, may be some of them work? :)

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Check this s/w "Software Translator 7.0"

I have seen this and checked it out.Gives u options for conversion to english as it has words ,they are contained in the dictionary of this software.

Download it from usiing the link below
*tinyurl.com/z3jh2

OP
S

SE><IE

@vishal: :( No use. Perhaps there are no setup files in english. One point worth noting is that english version is 398MB and german version is 424 MB, so I suppose, they haven't included the english files, or in general just the german files.
Maybe adobe forums can help me. Maan :( I wanted to learn illustrator and I've already wasted 2 days. (a re-download will get me done by another 4-5 days).

@rakesh: Thanks buddy, this works pretty good but well...as I suspected It can't translate fully.

:) Please ... can someone help me out still ...

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
I too have a strange prob wid Illustrator....I installed it a few days back...It was working fine until yesterday wen I tried to install BitDefender free edition. The bitdefender's setup crashed in after about 75%....

Now wen I try to save a creation in Illustrator as <filname>.ai.......It says "an unexpected error occured" after the last dialog box...and hence I m unable to save a file...

I cleaned the system using "1-click maintenance" by TuneUp Utilities 2006 but to no avail....

How can I rectify this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom