Adobe cs3 web premium installation problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I want to install Adobe cs3 on my system with DDR ram. Now the problewm is that although I have 512 mb ram right now it shows up as 448mb so if I upgrade to another 512 mb it still wil it be ale to run cs3 which has 1 gb minimum system requirement cause it would sum up to 900mb?

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
i have installed adobe cs3 design premium on my system with 480mb of ram.
it worked fine. only startup of applications was slow. :D

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 System requirements

It says 512 MB where as though I have seen CS3 Trial Running with 384 MB ( 256+128 ) MB RAM :D so i guess that's a Recomended keeping in mind the Windows Vista Factor :lol:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
What the hell! AFAIK, it checks for one gigabyte of RAM and refuses to install if it does not find that. It happened to my friend who has 512 MB of RAM.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Arya said:
What the hell! AFAIK, it checks for one gigabyte of RAM and refuses to install if it does not find that.

strange, CS3 Extented Edition Trail, did get installed on a System running 256+128 MB RAM !!! :(

OP
╬Switch╬

╬Switch╬

In the zone
sachin_kothari said:
i have installed adobe cs3 design premium on my system with 480mb of ram.
it worked fine. only startup of applications was slow. :D
How did u do that didnt it show u this message?
*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t682174_adobecs3.JPG

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. This is the screen you are supposed to see.

@Choto Cheeta, maybe the trial or whatever installs on any configuration, but you definitely need one gigabyte of RAM to install the full and final version. :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@aryayush

May be, its possible as i saw Trail running... and with Retail version, strange enough because, even Web Site says it should work with 512MB RAM, i have posted the Link too.. do check that out... *www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/systemreqs/

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
YEAH, there is info for entire suite rather in Adobe.com every single product in the suite has its own system requirement, and none of it has 1GB requirement !!!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, and that is because Adobe assumes that if you are buying the entire suite, you are bound to use at least two of the applications at once. :)

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
╬Switch╬ said:
How did u do that didnt it show u this message?
*www.imagehosting.com/out.php/t682174_adobecs3.JPG
i got this screen but with only firefox warning.
i closed firefox and installation proceeded without any obstacle.
and as i have already said, i installed Design Premium, NOT Web Premium.
i suppose web premium makes 1 gb compulsory, but design premium allows me to install without any problem. :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, my friend tried the Design Premium. It didn't work.

OS = XPee.
RAM = 512.

Dunno what the weirdness is all about.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Arya

Most of the time if u dont have Gdedicated GVA memory RAM will be shared with it, may the that;s the problem with ur frnd though he had 512 May b no Dedicated VGA memory !! :( Therefore reduce in Actually assible System memory :(

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, that must be the problem. That did not occur to me (though I am no whiz when it comes to hardware stuff so that is hardly a surprise :D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom