Additional pluggins required in Ubuntu 6.06

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Synaptic manager says Macromedia Flash player is installed but most of the websites say that i require additional plugins and when i click on the msg it starts downloading flash player but is not able to install it. Please help.

S

sariq

this is the link for Flash plugin 9.0 beta, download it and doubleclick it to install, while installing see progress in terminal link provided in installation window, you may have to accept licence aggrement in that.
*3v1n0.tuxfamily.org/pool/edgy/3v1n0/flashplugin-nonfree_9.0.21.78-3v1ubuntu0_i386.deb

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
It says that libc6 is required as dependency. Synaptic manager says it is already installed. What to do?

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Just uninstall it and again install the plugin. This time keep your browser window closed. And if I remember right, while downloading non-free software synaptic will ask you if you agree to it's terms and all that.

praka123

left this forum longback
jus check ur /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ or /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
for libflashplayer.so present.if not you need to umm...get the plugin9 beta from macromedia site and put it in ur /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I did it. First time i have installed something by script. Just downloaded from the macromedia site and ran the script. I love linux.

mediator

Technomancer
@baccilus : IS this what u were looking for ? In future refer to that page only. That shud solve all ur problems for Ubuntu!

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
I had already tried that. But i don know why it didn't work. Anyways, thanks. Thats a great link.

praka123

left this forum longback
It should Work!did u installed it in ~/.mozilla/ or /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/
check:
Code:
ls  -l   /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
OK, i tried that. It said:

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 58 2006-11-26 14:40 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_08/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

What does this tell? Tell some site which requires flash so that i can test again.

praka123

left this forum longback
baccilus said:
OK, i tried that. It said:

total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 58 2006-11-26 14:40 libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/java/jre1.5.0_08/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

What does this tell? Tell some site which requires flash so that i can test again.
SO you dont have flash-plugin really installed.can you download below listed flash9 linux plugin,uncompress and paste " libflashplayer.so" in your /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/ directory.u can bring nautilus as root using below command:
Code:
prakash@etch:~$ gksudo nautilus
then browse to the usr/lib/firefox/plugins directory and paste the plugin there.
download linux flash plugin version 9 here:
*www.adobe.com/go/fp9_update_b2_installer_linuxplugin
BTW u can check ur available plugins in firefox by putting "about: plugins" in the address bar.
Code:
about:plugins

mediator

Technomancer
:oops: Not the 123greetings site's index page :D. I meant to open the flash greeting cards there. It has loadzzzz of flash cards (e-greeting cards)!

mehulved

@prakash when you install flash as a user it gets installed in ~/.mozilla/plugins directory AFAIK.
So rather
Code:
ls -l ~/.mozilla/plugins
should show flash plugin installed.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
total 2116
-rwxr-xr-x 1 bacillus bacillus 856 2006-11-26 20:06 flashplayer.xpt
-rwxr-xr-x 1 bacillus bacillus 2154768 2006-11-26 20:06 libflashplayer.so

So, it's there :)

mehulved

I have heard many people break a few things due to Automatix. I don't know much about easyubuntu. On ubuntuforums and LQ people mostly ask to keep away from these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom