ActiveX & Flash Betraying ! How to gain Control over them ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Broken In
Hello friends,
I just bought a learning CD and couldn't quite access it because it shows that my browser is not ActiveX enabled [Opera 8.5 & Mozilla] . So, I went to the Internet options and enabled the Active X settings . But, still then it couldn't access the CD well. Now I launched Internet Explorer [which I don't use generally] and there it showed that Active X is enabled and the CD was accessing partly , untill one message propped up that Flash player has barred some application for security reason, if I want to allow that,I have to click on "Settings" and then restart the application. But despite trying this for a number of times, nothing happened and the CD cannot be accessed fully .

Please help me out someone ,about how to sort out this problem .I am having XP professional with SP 2 and AVG antivirus .

Badly needs some help !!!
:roll: :roll: :roll:

nirubhai

Broken In
The Internet Options would apply to IE only. Also make sure that IE is the default browser.
Better if you can post the exact message by flash.

OP
A

arnold

Broken In
Hello nirubhai,
Earlier IE was not my default browser, but then I made it my default browser, but still the same thing results .
I am posting here the exact message when I try to run the CD with the learning software, maybe that helps.

Besides, I was told that when inserting the CD for the first time ,it would install the software and would place a desktop icon for it, and I would be able to access the CD content without inserting the CD every time from there on, but nothing like that happens to me, I only find the default browser browing through the CD and no installation process going on.

Please help me to Install this CD, if you can .

The error message by Macromedia flash :
*img481.imageshack.us/img481/25/seethis2az.th.jpg

nirubhai

Broken In
try this...
i got it on macromedia's webforum

This link should take you directly to the Settings Manager utility where you can add the path that you want to trust.

Global Security Settings Panel

OP
A

arnold

Broken In
Thank you very very much nirubhai. :lol:

By following your link, I can atleast use the CD as it should have been , but only in Internet Explorer browser . Actually, I use Opera or Mozilla firefox as my default brwser, and it would have been convinient for me to use those browsers for the CD. Have you got any idea how to do that for Opera and Mozilla too ?

Secondly, do you have any idea how to install the learning CD in my system so that I don't have to insert the CD every time I need to use it ? :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom