Acronis True Image 7 Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Today morning i installed Acronis True Image 7 (free), after installation it asked to "RESTART the PC", ...i restarted, After the Restart when i selected my Account, it took more than FIVE Minutes to log-on (strange) & during this, there were Pop-up windows which one-by-one showed "Setting up Internet Explorer, then Windows Media Player...
After that my whole Desktop settings came to DEFAULT, the one which comes when we freshly Install XP. (showing tour & other things.)

But the BACKGROUND Process, such as Kaspersky, Zone Alarm showed up as usual (no change in MSCONFIG).

Is it normal, when we install Acronis True Image. :confused:

If not then what the heck happened. there were no Virus, Spyware or Registry change warning by Kaspersky or ZoneAlarm.

I immediately restored the PC, to yesterday's setting (removed Acronis Disk Director Demo :D). Right now my PC is 100% fine.

My PC config=
=>HP Pavilion
=>XP Home SP2
=>256MB RAM
=>Intel 915g m/b
=>AV->Kaspersky Internet Security.
=>Firewall->ZoneAlarm Pro.

All the softwares including XP are updated.

anandk

Distinguished Member
strange, i intsld and used this same v7 successfully, created 2 images, even went back too. perhaps u pressed some wrong clicks. and yes, do disable ur av, fw etc during this time. good u could sysrestore !

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have also downloaded and installed the V.7 without any such problem. But I have not used it still since I plan to make an image after a fresh installation.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
did you make a secure area or something. Maybe windows doesn't understand it and is trying to find out why it is not able to access so much space in the harddrive.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
ilugd said:
did you make a secure area or something. Maybe windows doesn't understand it and is trying to find out why it is not able to access so much space in the harddrive.

There is no such problem. I created secure zone and I have not faced any problem so far.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Sorry, i dont know anything about the "Secure Area".

What happened was during the final stage of Installation of that s/w, it asked to make a "Boot-Up CD", which i made., after the System Restart my desktop settings went Crazy.

Right now i'm in Chennai & i wont be sein my Beloved "BMW M3 GTR" :D (my PC) till 9th of december :cry:
So i'll try to re-install the Acronis True Image after when i get back to B'lore.

btw what do u guys think of a brand new Chinese make Gaming Steering Wheel for 1200/- . i'm planing of buying one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom