Acer Travelmate 4150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Got new Acer Travelmate 4150 Laptop - Rs.44750 (incl.4% VAT). let me know if it is a gud deal coz d listed price is 47599 (Excl.VAT and Octrai)...

Config...
Centrino 1.5
256 DDR2
Intel 915 M/B.
60GB HDD
Philips Combo drive
1394 port, 4 USB ports, docking port, 6 in 1 card reader
Wireless 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth, IR, etc

The machine comes loaded with linpus linux (i didnt have a clue how to use it. It didnt even have a graphical interface. only a command prompt appeared.So i formatted d HDD n got XP Pro installed) It comes only with one acer recovery cd. No other s/ws are provided. The carry case is not as sturdy as the ones provided by other cos

I cant say much about the battery life now coz i'v used it only with adaptor.

Build quality and looks are not as gud as the compaq ones. Compaq has one machine(i guess d model no.is 2015) in the same range but it does not have 915 M/b.

Overall d machine is worth its price

Sourabh

Laptoping
wht battery life are u getting, do post pics and have a small review to help ppl know better abt the same

i just wanna knw the battery life on full charge

Sourabh

Laptoping
aah damn u brot at the wrong time

check the acer aspire 5002 now

btw try returnin this and get the 5002 if its available

Acer Aspire 5002

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
acer aspire 5002...

i saw d piece when i had already paid 4 my sys. it cums wit AMD (i guess turon) processor n i was gettin it 4 arnd 51k. most of d remaining config is same as d 4150 model. i guess i missed dat sys...

super_i_man

Broken In
i hope i am not sounding negative, but paying some more money you could have gone for a compaq, 40gb and normal range mother board. well peace of mind is the matter here, and not the money! well your acer config looks good. tell us more about the battery life. i strongly suggest you to buy a new good carry case for it, a Targus will do. best of luck.

OP
Akshay

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
Battery life

well on a full charge the battery lasted for a little more than 4.5hrs but that was with using MS word and excel. Winamp was open for a while. The spkr quality is poor and nothing much to write about.

Regarding the M/b, the laptop came with an acer recovery cd which contains drivers for the sys. It has option of installing drivers for display (915 M/b.) On the same page a link is provided which installs nVidia display drivers. I would like to know whether 915 will work properly with nVidia drivers installed? (A warning is given dat installing 915 drivers is a must b4 nvidia drivers are installed).

Sourabh

Laptoping
well no, i guess the nvidia drivers would have been bundled because of some other travelmate laptops featured on 915 chipset with nVidia GPU's for graphics, thats the only reason i can see.

They generally have the same type of CD for different laptops featured on the same chipset.

Even in my laptop aspire 3002 i c the bluetooth, wifi and the other drivers for the features i dont have.

Just installing the 915 drivers is enuf :d

Monster_AMD

Broken In
hey akshay

Hi Akshay,
I am from Pune too. I want to buy a laptop. Budget same as u. I have options like:
1. Dell Inspiron 6000.
2. Acer Aspire 3002 (Turion)
3. Acer Travelmate 4150

Please tell me your sys performance. Should I go for Dell or can trust Acer Aspire? Plz help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom