Acer Launches the MaxMini PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I really hate the current state of CPU Cabinets in India. I mean, weather it's a HTPC or Normal Home PC, or a PC used in office or a doctor's office, they all look same, Big Square Towers

Although there are proposed BTX & DTX form factors, but they are still not complete

Acer has relesed the MaxMini PC, it's simply a slimed down PC with mostly dekstop components in a small package & finally the PC can be seen as a consumer device insted of a GeekBox.

Equipped with Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (Intel 946 GZ/512 MB/160 GB) for increased performance, it comes with system memory of 512 MB DDR RAM, upgradeable to 2 GB, and storage capacity of 160 GB SATA.

The Acer Aspire L310 has an integrated optical DVD Writer, Wireless LAN/USB MMKbd with a USB Optical Mouse, 10/100 Network Integrated Card (NIC), IEEE 1394 port, and on board sound and graphics

With GMA X3000 just arround the corner, & Windows Vista, we need more designer Computers like this. After all who wouldn't like a small computer, not everyone wants a gaming system. I really hate when i see offices using Pentium 4 3 GHz for running MS Office

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/78681_bigacermacmini.jpg

Source of Info

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Agreed. This looks perfect for an office desktop or someone who isn't into a lot of gaming.

Sleek design!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
yeah, we do need to understand, & tell everyone else too....kind of educate them, that they do not need High end Dual core CPU's for everything, if there work is not into gaming....then even a core solo or celeron is enough. That equals to AMD sempron in AMD camp

Acer should also release a version of the same computer with a Core 2 Duo E4300 & even Celeron, which will result in even low prices, like 24k, again, the Celeron based PCs are still enough for offices, libraries, or anything official.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom