Accessing Mails of Office @ Home......

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Hi Friends,

We use outlook for mails in office.

Now, is it possible to access those mails from home....or is there any setting i have to do in outlook??

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^most of the companies use microsoft exchange, so i dnt think u can configure those settings on outlook at home. i use the web interface of my office mail

@jiteshbhimani...find out if u ppl can access ur office mails thru net

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
I tried my company's Intranet but, there is no link of mail access there........

Anyway, i don't think we can access mail ...because at company we have windows logon and then we directly open the outlook to access mails..............

blacklight

Journeyman
hi ,
it all depends on the email server being used by your company
if its microsoft exchange server, u need to get connected on to your company network securely ,settings are a bit tricky .

but if ur company uses pop3 or smtp, its quite easy as u just need your login ,password and some other settings.
go to tools->options->mail setup->click on email accounts
click on view /change email settings and click NEXT
and click on the CHANGE button .
look up the settings and replicate it on to your home PC

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Outlook Web Access is normally used when Exchange Servers are used at the Server end to access mails on the go.

First check whether your Internal Mail Server has got a NAT IP (Private to Public IP) for enabling users to access Mails from outside

Most companies do not allow all users to have POP3/SMTP Connectivity due to security reasons

OP
jiteshbhimani

jiteshbhimani

Broken In
Hi Fiends,

When I open my companies Intranet site from Mozilla Firefox then its working fine but, when I open it in IE 7 it keeps asking me username and password.....so what do u think the problem can be??

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
ie 7 might not be supported. even i have come across sites wich dont work at all on ie7

for me its the opposite, only ie6 is supported n not firefox :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom