Accessing internet from network computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi
I have 2 computers networked using LAN cards.Comp A - p4,winXP pro(SP2) and Comp B - p166,win98 .I have Iqara bb connection on Comp A.I need to access the internet from Comp B.Can anyone advice how this can be done ?
TIA
Rajeev Chavan

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15577 and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32415 (Links from QnA sticky)... Wait these dont work... Calling the mods attention... Anyway, the corrected links are *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6317 and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18742

Arun

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi
I tried as mentioned in the links.The links assume both the comps have winXP.In my case the comp connected to internest has winXP.The client comp has win98.Pls someone help how to connect in this situation.
TIA
Rajeev Chavan

mkpaul

Broken In
Let hope your network is running fine and you are connected with internet.

You can use a proxy server on you server computer such as Proxy from www.analogx.com. Run proxy in server computer and in client machine follow this step:

1. Go to properties of Internet Explorer.
2. On "connection" tab click "lan settings" check use a proxy server and put your server ip address in the address text box and enter 6588 in port.
3. exit from all windows by clicking ok.

Now try to surf inter from your client computer.

sakumar79

Technomancer
Check out *www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/ for setting up internet connection sharing for WinXP. Note that the above link contains a link to setting up details for server in XP and for client in various Windows flavors...

Takes some time, but you can avoid installing proxy servers...

Arun

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Simple,follow the following steps.Make sure both the computers are on while setting up the network.
On Computer A:
1.Goto Control Panel-->Network Coonections
2.Click on set up a home network
3.Click on next,on a particular screen you will need to select how the computer connects to the internet,select,the first option,"This computer connects directly to the internet......."
4.Turn on File and Printer Sharing and finish the wizard.

On computer B,just follow the same steps but in Step 3,select the 2nd option,that is "This computer connects to the internet through another computer..."

Restart both the computers,you will be able to access the net from computer B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom