Access POP Email behind Fierwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

enjoy

Journeyman
In my Institute we are provided Internet Facilities in Hostel. Bu the problem is that I have 5 POP/SMTP Accounts which I am unable to use through Email Client.

They are from MyRealBox, Mail15, BlueBottle, GMail, Eth.net (Dishnet) and 1 from my own Domain.

No POP/SMTP Access is available, even FTP is also blocked here.

Is ther any way so that I can still use these mail accounts in my Mail Client. Currently I am using Web2Pop for accessing GMail mails only but in this scenario I cannot send any mails through Email client.

digen

Youngling
There are ways but the safest & the best way possible is to ask your institute's system administrator to open smtp/pop3, outgoing/incoming ports for you.
Most likely they are blocked.

If he attends & permits your request then the only thing left would be to entire the mail server addresses & their respective ports in the email client & you are on your way.
The rest of the options are totally out of question w.r.t the forum rules.

tuXian

In the zone
some webmail providers provide options for retrieving pop/Imap mail in their mail box. I think yahoo, rediff and fastmail does that. You can use them to get the pop mails in ur webmail id. Thus u will overcome the prob.

Still if you would like not to open the webmail page use eprompter to access ur webmail id (though it supports pop also). Eprompter now supports GMail also. Download this utility that resides in ur system tray from www.emprompter.com

BTW post these kinda questions in Q& A Section.

Ankit

Journeyman
pop

+but i think he wants to access gmail in a mail client rather than going to web...while no other port than http is open...i think socks2http may provide a solution..never checked it though i am having same problem

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
ePrompter does not supports GMail..
I not only wish to receive mails... For that web2pop is good.

But I wish to send mails also..

digen

Youngling
From what I gather the latest version of ePrompter does support gmail.:lol:

Code:
ePrompter works with AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, POP3, Earthlink, Excite, iName, Juno, Lycos, Mail.com, Mindspring, MSN, MyWay, Netscape, OneBox, Rediffmail,  SBC Yahoo, Switchboard, USA.net and hundreds of other email domains.

ePrompter

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
But how do I send mails through my mail client without SMTP. Any software for that... To receive the mails Web2pop is also fine utility.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
Hey I searched the complete eprompter forum and couldn't find a way to use it with EMail client. Seems like it is in itself a small email client. But is there a way that I receive all eprompter mails in outlook.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
enjoy said:
Hey I searched the complete eprompter forum and couldn't find a way to use it with EMail client. Seems like it is in itself a small email client. But is there a way that I receive all eprompter mails in outlook.

Hey ya.. Eprompter itself is a small client.. DOnt use it.. its waste.. It doesnt download attachments.. It doesnt work well with HTML mails. etc..

But if u desp wanna access your pop3 mail on firewalled PC, that could be a solution..

To send mails, why dont you use a Free SMTP server like CMailServer.. or..

SMTP server

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Why NOT try this one..

Cashette.com

They regularly retrieve mail from Yahoo/Hotmail accounts into your inbox so you just have one place to check all your mail.

OP
E

enjoy

Journeyman
I just saw the cashette website. Has anyone used this service before. I am quite worried about receiving further spam.

Now it seems like there is no solution fr my problem.. So Now I request u all to suggest me some free website, which can manage all my POP accounts, so that i can access all my mails from one website.

Thanx a ton to everyone for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom