Access is Denied!

Status
Not open for further replies.

assasin

Banned
My pc was working fine when all of a sudden i'm not able to access 2 of my HDD prompts(I've six and D: & G: r not accessible).Whenever i try to access them from Win Explorer i get "Access Is Denied".I can access the prompts from <Ctrl Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management>.I've scaned for virus but dere arent any.How shall i be able to open my prompts from Win Explorer.Plz Help Me.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Which Os???
NTFS or FAT32???
can u see the sharing, security tab in the property window of that drive. ???

Last edited:
OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
Hey Vishal i;m d loneuser ofmy PC and i didnt do any such NOVIEWONDRIVE stuff.Still i checked it & dere was no 'NOVIEWONDRIVE' dword.Now wat sud i do.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
assasin said:
OS - Windows XP MCE 2005
NTFS
Yeah I can see sharing tab in the property of that drive

Try this. Use the file I have attached, save it to your computer and extract it to your d:\

Go to a command prompt and type

takeown D:\(insert name of folder)
Similarly for G:....

This "should" give your current user rights to the folder. Your best doing this with your administrator account.

Hope this works.

Abt .exe, it won't do anything with your hdd, it only change permissions in order you can have access to you hdd.

GIVE UR FEEDBACK

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
see if this helps :

right click the drive, go to sharing and security and enable sharing with full permission.

OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
Followed ur instructions Wizrulz.After executing d cmd i got d msg:"Successful,Protection Removed".But the prob is still dere.Cud it be a prob with my HDD i.e a hardware prob????????

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
assasin said:
Followed ur instructions Wizrulz.After executing d cmd i got d msg:"Successful,Protection Removed".But the prob is still dere.Cud it be a prob with my HDD i.e a hardware prob????????

For both drives same problem????

surprising.....if the data is not so imp and u have backup then best option is ...1st converting to FAT 32 and then back to NTFS .....

have u checked for bad sectors????

Last edited:
OP
assasin

assasin

Banned
just formatted d drives outright after taking bakup.Now dey r jst workin fine no probs.Lots of THANX toall u ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom