Access denied in one unknown folder-problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
One Folder in my D drive contain some files and one update folder which I cannot open, delete,rename or moved. Now, my problem is I happen to drag my important folder containing movies and pictures within this Folder and I cannot retrieve it back or open it. Using system restore I restore it back but none of the multimedia files could be opened or moved. What could be the problem? Is there any way that I can open the multimedia files again? Please help.

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
Can you try accessing the folder from command prompt and let us know. How about accessing the folder from Linux (if you have one installed). Do you login as administrator in windows?

Last edited:

shashankkosta

Right off the assembly line
usually an "Access Denied" folder or the "Folder in use" folders or files can be deleted using the Nero Burning Rom, start a new session in the nero burning rom, in the file browser, select the file or the folder which u want to delete and right click the file/folder in the file browser and delete.
in the same way, try copying the movie files which you had moved, to some other location n then try and play them, i donno if this would work but just give it a try.....
:)

OP
H

H.Lalnunmawia

Broken In
Thanks guys for lending a helping hand. I just solved my problem through this link *support.microsoft.com/kb/810881. Hope this would be helpful for others facing the same problem. Yes, Digit rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom