Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i dont use hotmail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
well how do gmail and yahoo provide such a huge amount of space. and how did yahoo suddenly jumed from 10 mb to i gb(indiatimes also). i want to know whether they changed their technology or something or got so much space. anyone who know pls tell the tech they earlier used and what r they using now?

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
hey the thing is that it really aroun 25mb or so ....it shows 1 gb ... well they know that no one will have msgs worth 1 gb

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
@readermaniax
No mate........

My friends have sent me mails with many attachments.....

Most of the attachments are of approx 5 mb.

My Google account says that I am currently using 270 MB of my space

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
What you see is what you get. There's no way to get around and check the policy.

So if it's a 2.7 odd gb of mailbox, in case of Gmail, it must be true.

devarajan

Journeyman
When u use it they provide space...Sundenly they dont provide 1 gb or 2 gb.When u have usage only mean they have roboats and it will alocate it.....so just a name shake they say's like it.And they provide according to the useage but sure of providing.........who using the 2.5 g.b may be 1 or 2 so that no problem

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Apollo said:
What you see is what you get. There's no way to get around and check the policy.

It must be (I guess so......)
I am waiting for any1 to report that he/she has reached the full capacity of GMail !
That would be "Testing GMail to its LIMITS" ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it ??

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
rajkumar_personal said:
Apollo said:

It must be (I guess so......)
I am waiting for any1 to report that he/she has reached the full capacity of GMail !
That would be "Testing GMail to its LIMITS" ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't it ??
[spam] I'll have to get a T3 connection, see for myself, and try to answer your question... ;)[/spam]

shaunak

Tux Fan
Out of a million or more users only about 30%atually cross the 250mb mark. So actually these ppl are providing 1 or 2 gigs to only a few people that is how they can manage to provide soo much space

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
no guys listen earlier we used to get 10 mb. but now atleast on yahoo i use 80-90 mb. i never delete my msgs. everybody must be using atleast 50 mb. so considering thousands of users and average increase of 40 mb per user they couldnt have just added some space. some change in tech wld have been done. and gmail is showing ever increasing space on its mail page. how that?

devarajan

Journeyman
shashanktyagi1 said:
no guys listen earlier we used to get 10 mb. but now atleast on yahoo i use 80-90 mb. i never delete my msgs. everybody must be using atleast 50 mb. so considering thousands of users and average increase of 40 mb per user they couldnt have just added some space. some change in tech wld have been done. and gmail is showing ever increasing space on its mail page. how that?

Ya sure without tech how it's possible..To handle it.I heard that they zip the mail and keap it when we want it roll's back..

godzi_85

In the zone
hmm when i got my gmail account first i filled it up in 5 days :p :p

its still 1 gb full cause after it was full to the brim the yahoogroups that i had subscribed tooo cancelled my subscription :)
my current yahoo account it 70% full .. .
and most of it imp mail :)

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
@godzi seem quite an imp person!
@deva cld be zip but that doesnt answer abt growing space.

can anyone tell the clear reason?

OP
shashanktyagi1

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
chked out hotmail these days and saw that it still gives space in units of two digit mb's. why do ppl still use it?
all the people who use hot pls post why u use it?

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
I agree........
PPL should DUMP Hotmail and switch over to GMail .....
Gmail is far and I mean F-A-R better than Hotmail.
Any1 having trouble with getting GMail accounts....(hard to find such a person, but anyway) email me at raj.neo@gmail.com and I'll help you to get one !

godsownman

Padawan
Its not what you see is what you get. :)

Its space on Demand.

The 2.7 GB space what we see is an illusion. Illusion means that you dont have the 2.7 GB space directly allocated per account. Its the maximum limit that you can go to.

If you need it you get it .What happens is that as people reach 40 -50 ...... 100 ....... 500 MB the service providers are more than happy to provide you with the space.

The bottomline is that as you reach new limits the space is allocated to you and not from first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom