About Operating System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
go for windows XP , it is good for DTP, i am not sure about linux bcos i dont know whether the application which u will b using are available for linux

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
windows platform..cos u have all the soft's req readily available...
linux is not a bad choice considering the recent developements but UI is not as friendly as windows...plus power soft's such as photoshop and CD are only for win platform....

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
slagad said:
Windows XP
Crap XP Just once is enough
One OS for viruses [XP], one OS for the filthy rich [OSX] and one ultimate OS that binds them all in darkness and eliminate them [Linux]

Last edited by a moderator:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
romeo_8693 said:
windows platform..cos u have all the soft's req readily available...
linux is not a bad choice considering the recent developements but UI is not as friendly as windows...plus power soft's such as photoshop and CD are only for win platform....
LMAO...
UI is not friendly? Ever seen an OS that has tooltip help even for the smallest buttons and menu controls ? And you surely havent felt the power of the GIMP and the Inkscape... sigh. If you have used linux for a large time (>1 month in hours) talk against it, else dont compare, dont even think to.

rohan

In the zone
i agree with nitish... xp+linux is the best combo out there. To select one of 'em, i'd anytime go with windows xp... it's the best OS out there. Windows simply rocks. fer linux, suse 10.1 is damn sexy. You can also try windows 2003.. that's equally sweet :D

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
XP is the best choice for ur work.
Keep XP updated with recent patches and a good AV and firewall.
I have been using XP x64, Avast and windows firewall about a year but had no problem with it. Even when I was using XP 32 bit I had no problem.
But rember to use leagal XP as it will serve u with latest patches automatically

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
QwertyManiac said:
one OS for the filthy rich [OSX] and one ultimate OS that binds them all in darkness and eliminate them [Linux]
If you buy a copy of genuine Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 and all the hardware required to run it, it will cost you in excess of forty thousand for a half decent system and in excess of sixty thousand for a good one. iMac 17" is available for Rs. 50,000 only. It is NOT only for the filthy rich. For that price you get an incredibly cool, wireless and compact desktop with a remote running on one of the best processors and the best operating system in the world. And the class it exudes is just priceless! You have to use a Mac to comprehend how outstanding a product it is.
And Linux according to you is the ultimate OS? LOL! Even the simplest Linux distro needs a helluva lot of troubleshooting to get it to do simple tasks such as playing a video, a flash file or even installing an application. The lack of hardware support is another major concern.

rohan said:
i'd anytime go with windows xp... it's the best OS out there.
Yeah, sure! The next best thing since sliced bread!! :lol:

I recently purchased an Apple MacBook Pro 17" and installed Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 using Boot Camp on it thinking that I might have to use it because I was new to Mac or it might cause some problem. Till date, the only times I have booted into Windows were when my father wanted to play Solitaire! :p

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You will never get a definite answer on this.
If you prefer an OS with good hardware support and lots of applications besides DTP then go for Windows XP.
If you prefer something that will be cheap but you don't mind playing about a bit to enable few proprietory softwares then go for Linux.
If you have enough money then go for a good Mac OS X, nothing like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom