About MTNL Triband

Status
Not open for further replies.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I'm planning to take a Night unlimited connection from MTNL. Is the night downloading really free or are there any rules that MTNL dosen't inform us of on their site?
Should I take the modem from MTNL or buy one from Lamington road? How much will it cost?

ApoCalypse

Broken In
about the modem i suggest you go for the modem that mtnl provides...they replace it if anything goes wrong...and recently they even replaced mine with an upgraded version...

about the night free scheme....yep according to my friends it is actually free...so they surf only between 12-8 :)...even i'm thinking about taking it

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
yup its actually free, but remember to SWITC ON MODEM ONLY AFTER 12 and DC B4 8, and i have it too, i normally surf heavy in the morn after 5:30. Go for it, it is very goos and for modem opt only for MTNL rent wala modem

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Isn't it cheaper to buy your own modem? MTNL charges 500 for the modem initially, and 80 per month. I'll end up spending almost 1500 bucks on the modem for 1 year. If a ADSL modem costs less, dosen't it make more sense to buy my own modem?

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
yup it may look cheaper, but if something goes wrong with the modem, MTNL replaces it for free, whereas if u buy ur own modem u will have to get it repaired.

My modem has been replaced three times till now

OP
D

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I didn't understant 2 things at the MTNL Tariff page:
:arrow: Safe Custody Charges per month Rs.100
:arrow: Shifting Charges Rs. 100
What do these 2 things mean?

How much does a ADSL modem cost at Lamington road?

anispace

dattebayo
What is the average download speed obtained on Mtnl triband in KBps???

does the monthly bill for triband come with the mtnl tele bill or seperately???

also does google earth work on a dialup conn.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
As others said .. I think you should take the modem from mtnl only ..
my friend has Combo Plan .. the executive told him at installation that .. if there is any change in the setup of mtnl .. you dont have to bother about modem .. they will change it themselfs .. also .. he said after sometime they are goin to give you a sleek n better modem or may be a internal one.

But about the 590MU Plan .. I think 12-8 is very odd .. it should have been 10-8 or somrthing .. you can download only after MidNight

Secondly, there is no-other plan which has unlimited data transfer :evil:

anispace said:
does the monthly bill for triband come with the mtnl tele bill or seperately???

Broadband bill comes with the regular landline bill

Deep

Version 2.0
Here is very good thread on MTNL Triband:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28355&highlight=triband

Deep

sba

Journeyman
drvarunmehta said:
I didn't understant 2 things at the MTNL Tariff page:
:arrow: Safe Custody Charges per month Rs.100
:arrow: Shifting Charges Rs. 100
What do these 2 things mean?
Safe Custody Charges means that if you don't want to use your connection for a particular amount of time, like if you are going out of station for 2-3 months, then you can give an application for safe custody. Your number and installation charges will be secured at the cost of Rs.100/- p.m. Whenever you want the connection back you can just give an application again. In case of normal telephone connections the safe custody charges are equal to the plan charge you have opted for so they mentioned it specifically there.

Shifting charges should be self explanatory. If you shift your home/office and want to shift the connection as well...

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
Deep said:

Deep
hey deep,
u were gng to get the nu pack naa?did u get it?waiting for ur review.:p

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Check this thread out Varun
www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28355&highlight=triband
And it will be advisable to get a MODEM(infact its a ROUTER tat the MTNL walas giv.) Coz if the MODEM goes bad,they will jus replace ur modem with a (used one) to say the least...

I am using the TRIBAND BB for almost 3 months and i also purchased a ROUTER for around Rs.4100/- The ROUTER wich u will be getting from MTNL is ADSL ROUTER model---> DSL 502-T from D-LINK.

The BB bill will be given along with ur monthly MTNL telephone bill.

This is wat the discussion contained in the link tat is provided by me and Deep.....
Yup guys im using the MTNL's Broadband service called TRIBAND for the past 3 months.My plan is DSL-399 (i.e i pay Rs.399/month for a connection speed of 256Kbps) and the speed that i hv purchased is 256Kbps.I get 400-MB per month as a free download quota after exceeding this i will hv to pay Rs.1.20/- per MB for further D/Loads.

Well the Download speeds r really good (i use Free D/L manager) it is approx 27-30 Kbps with no glitches or problems.

But there is one drawback..Even thou ur supplied with a site from MTNL *register.mtnl.net.in for checkin ur monthly usage limit (wen ur downloading).The user name will be ur telephone number and password will be ur C.A.number.(located in the top left hand side corner of ur Telephone bill)

B4 the TRIBAND Connection,u can either purchase the D-Link ADSL ROUTER 502-T (this is the same router model that the MTNLwallas are giving to u) or the MTNL will giv the Router to u on a monthly rent of Rs.80/- (its better to take the ROUTER on a monthly rent from MTNL)

The ROUTER cost is Rs.4100/- (as i purchased it)

The Broadband details will be given to u every month in ur Regular MTNL telephone bill under the following heads:
ADSL-Triband Modem Rent.(if u hv hired it from MTNL)
ADSL-Triband Usage Charges.
ADSL-Triband E-mail id charges.(its better to use services of Yahoo or Gmail.. )
ADSL-Triband Plan Rent.(depending on the type of plan u take)
Educational Cess on Service Tax.

Points to note while ur using this TRIBAND service:
Please keep a track/record (preferably a written record) for the amount of Downloads ur doin (in MB) for each month as the MTNL service is not reliable as i hv seen taht even thou i dont use my 400MB quota,i still see that my 20-25 Mb hv been used up...(reduced)

Its better to take the Router from the MTNL (on a monthly rent of Rs.80/-) instead of buying it on ur own expense coz if the Router goes bad,the MTNLwallas will jus replace it with a new one and Configure it also.

But on the whole,this service is really good and reliable..as there hv been no problems faced by me at all.If there are any problems then the MTNL's Broadband Complain number (for MUMBAI) wich is 1504 is really helpful and u can tell ur complains and they will call u back (with a proper solution.. ) in jus 15-30 minutes..

NOTE: I have tried giving u this insight into the MTNL's TRIBAND service based on my experiences...Please im not offending any post or trying to prove any1 wrong..Post ur views for all users for a more better understanding..I hv tried to answer all the querries asked by many users on several topics related to this Broadband service..

I hope this post of mine will provide (atleast) sum help for users who r planning to use this BROADBAND service..

cheers n e-peace....
Well this review was originally written by me.. :)

Cheers n e-peace......

Deep

Version 2.0
thegame_rulez said:
Deep said:

Deep
hey deep,
u were gng to get the nu pack naa?did u get it?waiting for ur review.:p

Yes, but I havent got it yet...my new phone line will come in a day or 2 (I had applied on 6th Sep) and after that triband will take 1 more week... :(

Deep

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Didnt they give you on the old line .. or you applied for new one ..

and plz.. tell isnt the unlimited plan is comin soon
Sanchar Haat ppl said some plan is comin

Deep

Version 2.0
rollcage, I needed new line for my office so I applied for triband along with that...

Deep

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Okies..

But dont you think that there should be a plan .. for high end users

like ..if we start using torrents .. there will be 60GB in a month

like.. drgrduge .. and many others are doing .

Dont you think there must be plan something like that

using the internet only at night is not a very good idea

Deep

Version 2.0
If they giveout unlimited at low rate then their business won't run...

most of the users do not download much i.e. movies etc...so they will target them...and for rest local ISPs are always there..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom