Abit IX38 QuadGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivg33k

I s33 G33ky p30pl3
Guys i have decided to purchase Abit IX38 QuadGT, it has good OC performance, googled for review. It costs Rs 11.5K
Please provide your opinion on this board, regarding quality, stability etc

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Just wait for 1 more month and buy P45 or X48 board. Though Quad GT is unmatchable performer but P45,X48 are the newer and will be priced less than X38 Quad GT, atleast P45.

Otherwise Quad GT is the best board out there, it sports next gen. Quad Cores with 1600 MHz FSB and all rest of goodies.

P

paranj

^+1 but keith bhai there is always new technology coming up. Why wait ,go grab the board if u have the budget. its performance and features are unmatchable:)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yes absolutely! But when the technological change is just 1 month away, then it is wiser to wait for it.
If shivg33k was going for 790i then my suggestion was to get it immediately. But he's buying a high end board and no body know if P45,X48 will perform same or better(better expected) than X38.
So far the reviews says that X48 is a mere replacement of X38.
U will also see that the companies are trying to implement the the theory of performance per watt.
So its better to wait for another month.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
For sure! But initially the P45 will be expensive yet there will be other models too from various brands. So it will be tough to say about the price point.
So far it is not confirmed that they will support 1600Mhz FSB, but it is expected that it will not support 1600Mhz FSB. The P45 will be a great upgrade over P35 but not exactly with X48 over X38, though there will be some decent modification but not much as P45.

U can also look for ASUS P45 lineup here and here

P

paranj

hope Abit gets a affordable P45 solution out like the Abit-IP35-e. That motherboard still kicks a$$:D

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
AFAIK X48 will a X38 whihc will fully support 1600MHz fsb i.e officially.acc to Intel specs X38 doesnt support 1600MHz fsb officially.

@shivg33k dont wait for P45/X48.get the IX38 QuadGT now.prices of P45/X48 will be high initially after launch.so it'll mean that u'll hafta further wait 4 the prices to drop b4 u get 1.so its no use waitin.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Yeah u are right!
Do u think that everyone can afford those expensive C2Q processors with 1600MHz FSB?
The only 1600MHz FSB processors i see are QX9770($1400) and QX9775($1500), which costs a fortune, i can't say about u guys but it is way out of my budget now!

And AFAIK if someone is concerned about Nehalem, they won't be coming in Socket 775.
Even if we think we seriously buy a high-end processor, one's budget will be 20K top or may be 25K. Thats it!
In that price one can afford Q9550 or E8600, which already supports 1333Mhz FSB, so 1600MHz FSB would be a total waste.

Rest will be ur choice.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Nehalem is supposed to come in Socket 1366.so its no use planning 4 Nehalem from now.wat ever u buy now u'll hafta less it when ur gonna upgrade to Nehalem.
so i u wanna buy now then buy IX38 QuadGt but if u wanna wait then better wait 4 Nehalem though it'll be a pretty long wait.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yea man.i suggest u wait.get a 2160 till nehalem's released. and 1600 fsb can be achieved even on a abit IP35 pro (i guess).but u cant take these boards to 1900 mhz..u can run 680 i on 1600 fsb.mine's currently ~1700 mhz.

so this shouldnt be a major point in buying a board..i said the same when few guys bought maximus.but wait for nehalems

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yup thats wat i want to say.whats the use of buying a board with fsb criteria.the only thing good in that board is PCIE 2.0 and there's nothing like "Omg" overclocking with quads.u can check official thread for that.

amitash

Intel OCer
I see no point in waiting for Nehalem right now...its gonna come out next year and it will probably be a hell of a lot expensive as its intel...so i suggest sticking with the quad GT,getting a good aftermarket cooler and OCing like mad

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I think you should wait until the X48 and P45 comes out. In case there is a cheap P45/X48 motherboard which has better vfm and better performance, then you can go with it. If they are insanely priced, then you could stick to the Abit QuadGT and you can expect a price drop i guess..

if there is one good thing that has come out of nehalem, its that AMD will have some fair competition(sort of) in l2 cache. Till then, software were optimised to use intel's huge unified L2 cache, compared to AMD processors which have tiny L2 caches and only an occasional small to large L3 cache. But Nehalem will start having L2 cache similar to AMD, maxing out at 1mb. This, plus a huge L3 cache means that programs run on AMD and Intel the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom