Abit IP35-E not compatabile with CM690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackfire

Journeyman
i have finalize my computer (Abit IP35-E as motherboard) but after reading that Abit IP35 pro is incompatible with CM690 i don't really got upset because i may have not buying the pro version but both of these motherboard are same in design.

i am not a hardware expert this is my first assembled computer so i am very cautious. So guys could you help me & tell me is this true that IP35 -E is not compatible with CM690, if yes than it is there anything that i can do to solve this problem.

This what reviewer is saying, "A very big negative is that the case is very much incompatible with the IP35 Pro. Two of the cable management hooks were in the way of the side SATA and IDE ports, so they had to be taken out. The power LED is also a two-pin cable instead of a three-pin cable, which means the power LED couldn't work without a converter"

& Here is complete article *techgage.com/article/cooler_master_cm_690/2

Ranjya

Broken In
I have a IP35-E from Abit.
I also have a CM500 attached.
The power supply is superb.
Attaching is easy...lots of cables.

It is true that the power LED has problem.
Even mine does not work.
Mobo has one bad problem....double boot if
power supply interrupted.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
dude im having CM690 and it supports all mobos. The form factor of the mobo is imp to fit in. CM690 supports all ATX & mini-ATX boards. Also form factor of Abit IP35 pro is ATX.
I am having P5Q Deluxe which perfectly fits in it. I Haven't seen any desktop board larger than that.
CM690 will support ur mobo.
And by the way who told that its not compatible ?

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
dude im having CM690 and it supports all mobos. The form factor of the mobo is imp to fit in. CM690 supports all ATX & mini-ATX boards. Also form factor of Abit IP35 pro is ATX.
I am having P5Q Deluxe which perfectly fits in it. I Haven't seen any desktop board larger than that.
CM690 will support ur mobo.
And by the way who told that its not compatible ?

bro it look like you haven't read my full question.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
well the two pin connector of power led..despite power led male connector having three pin on the motherboard
you can still try connecting it..tryin two pin if no work then next two pin...but 1 and 3 not possible..if still not work then u might have to scourge the market for such a connector/converter...probably second hand one too

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think it is becos a lot of people is recommending that...i have also considered it..but decided to buy asus p5q when most shops asked me what is abit ip35? make me feel it must be obscure in india..and worried about support and warranty

Power_user_EX

This what reviewer is saying, "A very big negative is that the case is very much incompatible with the IP35 Pro. Two of the cable management hooks were in the way of the side SATA and IDE ports, so they had to be taken out. The power LED is also a two-pin cable instead of a three-pin cable, which means the power LED couldn't work without a converter"

& Here is complete article *techgage.com/article/cooler_master_cm_690/2

I read ur post correctly dude.
ALL the cable management hooks need to be removed first. Also u will not be able to use 1 hook which comes in the way on the ide port - but who told thats a prob?
I fail to understand y that guy at techgage is making a serious issue out of it.
Also its understood that 1 or 2 will not be der after mobo installation - thats y CM has given lots of it.
Also im having 2 pin power led and works fine for me. Power leds r of 2 pins only rite ?

Last edited:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
MSI P45 NEO-F is much better, and P45 boards are moster OCers.

It shud be compatible, i mean the form factor is ITX and CM690 shud support it all.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
But it's way too costly, and MSI-P45NEO-F is a budget+OC=happy happy customer case.

And all P45's are monster OCers(consider u hav a faulty board, u're out of luck)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^He said that Abit IP35 is the best P35 OC board. He didnt mention the price range.....thats why I was telling him. Seems like he hasnt checked out the reviews. Even the cheap P35 variants from ASUS beat Abit's IP35-e. (ASUS P5K for example).

@Blackfire

Check the sites before making wrong claims.

ASUS P5K, Foxconn MARS, etc mobos are better OC'ers then the Abit ones.

Power_user_EX

Dude MSI bios is not as matured as Asus ka bios. Recently i have many hate posts about MSI x48c saying its bios is notorious for popping all sorts of error out of nowhere.Asus or Gigabyte is the way to go if u r on OC track!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^We are not competing between ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte.

We are just trying to point it out to Blackfire that his claims of Abit being the best OC'er is wrong.

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
asus boards has a problem crossing 500FSB except one

there are only two broard which are beter than E, some asus one i don't know which model but it costs around 17K Then there is Abit ip35-pro then there is Ip35-e now highest overclocker is asus one which is 7% better OC than E but for than 7% you have to work very very hard & it also cost 17k , then PRO is 3% better than E but it cost much more than E so it is not worth it to buy it instead E is much better buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom