.aac 0r .mp3 format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
aac or mp4 is not at all superior to mp3.Only the Compression rate of mp4(acc) is excellent.
How ever if are talking quality stay away from mp4. Mp4 heavily cuts the mid's and bass. Treble is same tough.
Flac format is no 1,MP3 is number 2 in quality closest to original. Followed by ogg vorbis.Last is mp4 or acc.
However if yuo want to use in mobile and have mono speakers you can use mp4 safely as the compression ration is good and you can squeese in more songs.
but talking quality...stay away from acc or mp4.
Follow this link for further tests.
*www.xciv.org/~meta/audio-shootout/

G

gxsaurav

mp4 is a better format compared to mp3, so far for use with mobile phones, i would suggest 64 kbps mp4, 44.1 KHz, using quicktime

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Use eAAC+ or AAC+ @64 kbps for mobile phones if they support.Otherwise use Ogg Vorbis it gives better quality/size than mp3 or AAC

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
aac has better clarity when the phone speakers are used .. with the headphones mp3 should be easily be better. ... ringtones .. aac ... songs ,... mp3 ....

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
mp4 is a much better better option for files with low bitrates,try nero's aac implementation,it gives perfectly acceptable quality files right down to 40 kbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom