A8N-E and AMD 3000 Venice Core - help requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I have bought AMD 3000 Venice core, A8N-E, Transcend 512 MBx2, Asus N6200 TC, Priya 400 Watts SMPS (the best available in nearby towns- Kollam, Trivandrum), and Sony DRU 810A Writer yesterday evening. I have a few doubts and clarification is requested.

1. The Power Supply to the Mother board (from my SMPS) is 20 pin but the manual mentions it should be 24+4
2. The Ram modules are similar but not dual channel pairs. Will there be any problem?
3. The Asus site says Venice core requires Bios Version 10003 or later for the motherboard. The version is not mentioned in the User Guide. On the covering page on top, it is written E1911. Is it the Bios version?. Also is it safe to upgrade Bios though Windows or DOS or through internet? From the sticker on the box it is seen that it was imported by Rashi in Sept 2005. But the User guide is First Edition, January 2005.
4. Once I assemble it, can I install Win 98SE? It seems it is not supported. Anyway I have ordered for XP Home (of course original)

Thanking you in anticipation,javascript:emoticon('Laughing')
Laughing
V.Prem Kumar

G

gxsaurav

1) U can buy a 20 to 24 pin convertor
2) No problem, in RAM modules, if they are similar
3) The bios version can be found by looking at the post screen or using the ASUS system info utility or Everest, don't update it if u don't know how to do it
4) Can't say,

Kniwor

Learner
You dont need a 20-24 pin converter, most motherboards have the choice of using a 20 pin supply..

just leave the pins 11,12,23,24 empty...

a 20-24 pin coverter is just for satisfaction, ur mobo will do the same job of splitting the 12v rail for u...

The ram will be no problem...

about BIOS he's already told u..

And how did u figure out win 98SE is not supported, i think u should be able to install it...

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Does A8N-E support 20 pin connector?

About Win 98 SE, I remember having read somewhere that NForce 4/Ultra does'nt support it. I may be wrong. will somebody please clarify it?

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
And how did u figure out win 98SE is not supported, i think u should be able to install it...[/quote]

MSI Reminds you...
1. NVIDIA nForce 3/4 Series board DO NOT support Windows® 98/ME
2. SLI Technology only supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP

Please see the MSI site below
*www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=663

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom