A7N8X-E DELUXE - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well I just changed my processor and mobo to the 2600+ barton and to the A78X-E deluxe mobo. I got it all setup the dealer is well known to me told me I might have to reinstall the OS and yes I had to. I reinstalled Windows XP with Sp1. Everything worked fine except for the onboard sound. Whenever I try to install the drivers for it I get install aborted "Invalid data found" error...any idea why this happens ? Bad OS perhaps ? I have another sound card Creative one and that got detected fine and drivers and all are installed properly.

Anyone got any ideas ?? I really need both sound cards ...thanks in advance!

theraven

Technomancer
u cant use both sound cards
ur onboard sound card can be kept on automatic or disabled in bios ..
if on automatic .. it will shut on its own if another soundcard is detected

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
are you sure ???cos ...I earlier had ASUS 266 mobo which also has a built in sound card and I used Creative along with it. I didnt have any such issues. The only problem I had was with the gaming port as the IRQ was already in use by Creative for its gaming port and hence the onboard gaming port couldnt acess it...which really wasnt an issue for me...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Well i have Asus ....A7N8X /VM Nforce 2 and i seem to be able to use both onboard as well as my Creative Audigy 2 Zs card..and so can my friend who has an intelMOBO board and one Turtle Sound card...can use his onboard sound as well as Pci card...for a bit of DJ ...So i think its fairly easy to use both...
Why don't you try formatting the os ...or if not possible unistalling all the drivers and all and follow the instal in this process...
1) Direct X 9.0C
2) Then Via 4 in 1 Driver ( Latest one downloaded from net ..not one from MOBO Cd )
3) Then Graphic Card driver ..
4) Then Onboard sound Card Driver ...
5) And then Finally the Creative Card Driver....
Should solve the problem...i guess....Please disable these ports if you dont use themmm...com port 1 & 2 Parellel Ports and one of the onboard game Port...insted use Creatives game port if youhave to use... :p Best Luck...

theraven

Technomancer
ok then try this ...
install both the cards
and then goto control panel => sounds and audio devices properties
goto audio there
and at the bottom disable use only default devices
and now give it a shot

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
darklord said:
Then Via 4 in 1 Driver ( Latest one downloaded from net ..not one from MOBO Cd )

VIA drivers for a Nvidia chipset motherboard?
Typo? :lol:
OPPPPS forgot that in the rush of hour...yes the latest nforce2 drivers from net... :oops: :p ..Thanks pal darklord

TheMask

@ TechEnclave
freshseasons said:
Well i have Asus ....A7N8X /VM Nforce 2 and i seem to be able to use both onboard as well as my Creative Audigy 2 Zs card..and so can my friend who has an intelMOBO board and one Turtle Sound card...can use his onboard sound as well as Pci card...for a bit of DJ ...So i think its fairly easy to use both...

Hey, i thot u cud use only one of the 2 at one time! i mean, if u wanna use on-board, then u wont get output on ur soundcard and if u use ur sound card, u wont get the output on on-board.. thats what i had thot.. and when i had tried, thats what i found! any special set-up/software u have installed to make them work both at the same time?

the latest nVidia motherboard drivers can be downloaded from here..

*www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_udp_winxp_5.10

or better yet, wait for ur next copy of Digit. I am sure u'll find them there ;)

OP
I

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
TheMask:

At any point of time you can use only one audio card as in the output of all sounds from an OS perspective. Even from audio controls u can change which card the output will goto but still u can only use one card in the OS. However certain DJ applications allow you to use more than one card. One for the main output and one for the headphones. This is what I was doing.

I'll try installing the later nvidia drivers...thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom