A Windows XP Serious Error! Recover me plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashuniverse

In the zone
Situation:

Everything was working fine till yesterday and when i started my comp today, it had a classic login screen. And i didn't do that. Then came a dialog box saying "The system has recovered from a serious error". Now each time i make the restart i see the same login screen, same dialog box. And i cant "change the way i login" from control panel as its dimmed.

Error signature:

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : F9C7C0AE BCP3 : EFFC4948
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 0_0 Product : 256_1

Files included in report generation:

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini082305-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\RANJAN~1.CRA\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

No screenies, cos i didnt feel it to b necessary. Help me out. Thanks.

OP
C

crashuniverse

In the zone
to be added:

well a scan disk check of c:\ helped. gurrr.
but what was the problem, and how did it get solved so easily.

each time anything happens i think my samsung SP0802N to be culprit. :-(

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hey even i had the same problem last week..even i created the thread for that but didn't got proper response.....now my system is working fine....i just removed the ram from their slots and fixed it again.....i think u can try this...and also Increasing the virtual memory...

u can also search for the fix in the

*microsoft,com/support/

anandk

Distinguished Member
dont know much about it. even my problem (once) had automatically gone away.
run a scandisk/chkdisk. clean your pc with tune-up utilities 9or atleast cclener). and hope it helps u.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Error Message:
The system has recovered from a serious error. C:\Windows\Minidump020404-01.dmp C:\Docume~1\Darle~1\Locals~1\Temp\Wer5E.tmp.diroo\sysdata.xml
Translation:
This error message may appear after the system reboots unexpectedly at random times.

This error message reveals a problem with a memory dump (an inventory of the contents of computer memory; sometimes referred to as a minidump). It seems the OS created a memory dump file but forgot about it, so it’s attempting to create the file again. The resulting conflict leads to a serious error and the sudden system meltdown.

hmm for that system error... might wana take a look at this....

it says to get that latest SP... hope u have... & then try to recr8 the page file...

1. Click Start.
2. Right-click My Computer.
3. Click Properties.
4. On the Advanced tab, in the Performance section, click Settings.
5. In the Virtual Memory section, click Change.
6. For Paging file size for selected drive, click No Paging File, and then click Set.
7. Click Yes after the following warning appears:
If the paging file on volume X: has an initial size of less than xx megabytes, then the system may not be able to create a debugging information file if a STOP error occurs. Continue anyway?

(X is the drive letter and xx is the amount of RAM installed on your computer minus 1 megabyte.)
8. Click System Managed Size.
9. Click OK four times, and then restart the computer when you are prompted.

make sure that ur Device drivers r upto date... specialy the video driver....

Just for good measure, you should take a moment to purge your system of the minidump and Sysdata.xml files by deleting them from the C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS and C:/WINDOWS folders, respectively. You can restart the computer when the files are gone.

Source

also... ur C panel user account Screen shot pls... oh!! ya.. try to put a thumbnail...

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
expertno.1 said:
each time anything happens i think my samsung SP0802N to be culprit

what is this samsung SP0802N ?

Its an 80GB Harddrive. Know more about it here: *www.samsung.com/Products/HardDiskDrive/SpinPointPSeries/HardDiskDrive_SpinPointPSeries_SP0802N.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom