a very unusual problem...but a khatarnaak one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthacker

Journeyman
Hi people...i need help from all you super-techies...i am facing 2 problems...they are:

1. Recently...whenever i used to start windows...everything wud work fine bu after sometime if i tried to install a software, it wud hang in the end, or whenever i try to open a page in MSIE 6.0, MSIE wud hang,or whenever i press a button(ex Edit wid frontpage in MSIE)..MSIE wud again hang...etc etc..and when after that i try to open task manager, the icon wud appear in the taskbar but the task manager wud not open. Any ideas on wats causing this or how to stop it?

2. While working on the intenet,...i keep getting these "MESSAGES"..its like a dialouge box...with "MESSENGER SERVICE" in its title, and the foloowing is written in it - " Message from SYSTEM to ALERT on 5/4/2005 3:45:25 PM . STOP! Windows requires immediate attention. Windows Has found critical errors. To fix the errors, please do the following. 1. Download Registry Repair from *.... 2. Install 3. Run. 4. Repair. FAILURE TO ACT NOW MAY LEAD TO DATA LOSS AND CORRUPTION."
any ideas on wats causing THIS??!!

help required urgently...

PS: just now i was installing ZOOM PLAYER and in the end the setup hung when it says"creating output folders"...and after restarting i was installing Pixel view station and the setup hung when it was creating icons in the end...

thankyou

hearthacker

Dude,
you are infected with a spyware. The message you saw was not from Windows itself, but from that spyware. Use Spybot Search-n-Destro, Ad-Aware or Microsoft Antispyware to remove it. It can also be the work of a virus, so dont forget to scan your computer with a good antivirus. You can find some free ones on the net and on Digit CDs and DVDs, like AVG.

expertno.1

Technomancer
dude for the first problem download mcrepair.exe

theres a problem in install wizard

support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321915

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder (like C:\HijackThisFolder\hijackthis.exe).

Read more about HijackThis here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15729 and the post your Hijackthis log file.

This will help us in analyzing your system properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom