A thread for IIT aspirants

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijangda

Padawan
Hello friends this thread is for all IIT-JEE aspirants who want to get admissions in IIT's. I myslef is studying in Class XI and trying to get admission in IIT-JEE. In this thread we can discuss the problems of students of class XI and XII. Here problems must be posted and solutions will be povided by other students or teachers. Anyone who know the answers of the problem can posts.

Gauravs90

geek........
I'm also studying for IIT-JEE at Kota in Bansal Classes. I'm in XII, i will be very happy to discuss questions here.

Last edited:

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Is it compulsory to have PCM for IIT? I mean what if I have Physics and Maths?? Do they like look at your subjects and then allow to give enterance exam or you can give just by getting a form?

Gauravs90

geek........
It's necessary to give board exam of physics, chemistry and maths. Even if you cracked entrance exam without chemistry. You will be expelled while counselling.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
If u don't know then i want to tell you that marks of
7900 the last ranker was in Paper I Maths - 09 Chem-26 Phy -58 in Paper II Maths-18 chen -30 Phy-28
4000 rank i don't know exact marks but it was 228 from 490
500 rank nearly 60%
20 rank nearly 80%
you will be surprised to know the marks of Ishikant the topper
Paper I
Maths - 78 Chem- 60-70 Phy 70-80
Paper II
Maths - 82 (full) Chem - 60-70 phy 70-80
So all in all it was nearly 433 so nearly 90% surprised i was also surprised to know that.
Why not start disscussing questions now.

Gauravs90

geek........
If you want to discuss questions then why not we start from probability.
Q-1 A drunkard takes a step forward or backward. The probability that it takes step forward is 0.4 find the chance that at the end of 11 steps he is 1 step away from the starting point.
Q-2 In a test Damini either guess, copy on the multiple choice question with 4 choices. The chance that she makes a guess is 1/3 & the chance that she copies it is 1/6 , the chance that her answer is correct given that she copied is 1/8. Find the chance that she knows the answer to the question given that she correctly answered it.
These questions are fun lolz!!

then tell us why not will u top i am not joking.

me? I'm not sure that even i will crack IITJEE battle is very fierce here

Last edited:

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
If u don't know then i want to tell you that marks of
7900 the last ranker was in Paper I Maths - 09 Chem-26 Phy -58 in Paper II Maths-18 chen -30 Phy-28
4000 rank i don't know exact marks but it was 228 from 490
500 rank nearly 60%
20 rank nearly 80%
you will be surprised to know the marks of Ishikant the topper
Paper I
Maths - 78 Chem- 60-70 Phy 70-80
Paper II
Maths - 82 (full) Chem - 60-70 phy 70-80
So all in all it was nearly 433 so nearly 90% surprised i was also surprised to know that.
Why not start disscussing questions now.
u have got ur info all wrong...

162 - Extended merit list cutoff
172 - AIR7900
190 - AIR5500
197 - AIR4800
225 - AIR2500
253 - AIR800 approx
300 - AIR300 approx
436 - AIR1 Shitikant

Q1 - one step from starting point means either
a]5 steps forward + 6 steps backward
prob (A)=(0.4)^5 * (0.6)^6

or

b]6 steps forward + 5 steps backward
prob (B)=(0.4)^6 * (0.4)^5

total prob = prob (A) + prob (B)

dudes seriously visit and register at *goiit.com to get solns for engg entrance related problems.

Last edited:
Q-1 A drunkard takes a step forward or backward. The probability that it takes step forward is 0.4 find the chance that at the end of 11 steps he is 1 step away from the starting point.
Is that from HC Verma Concepts of Physics? (Part 1)

Gauravs90

geek........
It's from maths chapter probability.
I don't need to go to that website teachers are more knowledgable here than there.

OP
A

abhijangda

Padawan
Can any one solve this question of Rotational Mechanics from HC Verma.
This Fig shows a rought track, a portion of which is in the form of a cylinder of Radius R. With what minimum linear speed should a sphere of radius r be set rolling on the horizontall part so that it completely goes round the circle on the Cylindrical part. This from H.C. Verma\Rotational Mechanics\Exercise\Q 78.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom