a software to add subtitles to a divx or avi movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
plz suggest me a software to add subtitles to .divx or .avi movies
i hav the subtitle files of the movie which i got from the net but dunno wat to do with them
plz tell me how to do it too

ps u will be +ve repped for good softwares sugestions
dont do it just for rep plz help me coz
in some english movies at times they talk so low and mumbles something
i cant make out wat they say

47shailesh

Security Exp
praveengem2005 said:
use vlc media player or bs player they have option to add subtitle files...
Dude you did not understand his prob.. he is askinf for a s/w that can cobmine movie and sub title in sigle one movie fileant then burn the file so he can watch the movie on any plyer say WMP without any hickups....

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
You can use TMPGEnc Express for adding permanent Subtitles to .divX and .Xvid movies .

Before using it read this tutorial on how to do so.:)

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Use VobSub to mux you're subtitles into your video.

Download Link -
*www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=2729&s=392

Source -
Free-Codecs.com

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Dude ..no need to do all this..if ur movie is ripped one ..like Braveheart.avi ..u just need to install klmcodec pack..just name ur subtitles same as the movie...
like movie name is Braveheart.avi subtitles file should be placed in the same folder with name Braveheart.sub or Braveheart.srt...when u will play avi file by 123 Media Player (default name by klmcodec pack) it will pick subtitles automatically :D

gradea091788

Right off the assembly line
Dude ..no need to do all this..if ur movie is ripped one ..like Braveheart.avi ..u just need to install klmcodec pack..just name ur subtitles same as the movie...
like movie name is Braveheart.avi subtitles file should be placed in the same folder with name Braveheart.sub or Braveheart.srt...when u will play avi file by 123 Media Player (default name by klmcodec pack) it will pick subtitles automatically :D

damn man ur right...all i did wus drag and drop the srt file in the same folder as the avi. and/or divx and started it on windows media player and the subs showed up perfectly!!...tyvm

oh and both the movie and the subtitle file must have the same name...props to all:D

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Rename the subtitle with the same filename of the .avi file and open with VLC/WMP

for eg:

File is-->Matrix.avi

Rename subtitle to--->Matrix.srt

open it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom