• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

A Rs 251 smart phone!!!

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
The site got crashed due to server overload!!!!!!!!

7vh0b6QAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Looks like this is a repetition of events that occurred during the Datawind fiasco.
Endorsing our friend's view (@Flash) ,this is really a BS or Garbage event.And we Indians are jumping onto it,without thinking any logical or truth behind it.
For starters, the Freedom 251 unit we received bears the logo of Adcom, which has been covered with a sticker. Adcom is a Delhi-based importer of IT products that deals in smartphones and tablets. At first glance, the Freedom 251 appears similar to the Adcom Ikon 4 and has reasonably similar specifications as well. The Adcom Ikon 4 has also got a similar design, and has a 4-inch display, Android 5.1, a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 5-megapixel rear camera, and 1.3-megapixel front camera, with 8GB of storage, and 1GB of RAM.

What's more, the UI of the Freedom 251 has been customised to look a lot like an iPhone. In fact, many of the icons look identical to apps that ship with Apple's phone, which makes us wonder if it will attract some attentions from lawyers at Cupertino.

That's not the only cause for concern though. All phones sold in India must be certified by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). Getting this certification done is both time consuming and expensive. However, it appears that the BIS registration of the Ringing Bells Freedom 251 has not been done, as it is not listed in the list of manufacturers registered by BIS. This means that if the phone is a new device made by Ringing Bells, then it has not been certified as safe for use in India.

Source : http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/fea...stions-than-answers-803592?pfrom=home-indepth

i wouldn't mind buying this to keep it in my car and carrybag permanently... you know..for emergencies.
Like i get robbed and the thief took my wallet, cellphone and my pants... at least i can use this phone which is well hidden in the boot and call the cops/family

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
i wouldn't mind buying this to keep it in my car and carrybag permanently... you know..for emergencies.
Like i get robbed and the thief took my wallet, cellphone and my pants... at least i can use this phone which is well hidden in the boot and call the cops/family

It's a scam, apparently!!! :-(

Flash

Lost in speed
Why don't you give him the 251/- phone instead of costly one? :silly_NF:

A

amit.tiger12

COD available? if yes then go for it.

Don't be stupid if you can try @251 any mobile then why not spend some. But if it's scam then, 251*2 billion people of India.. So it's half a trillion money scam.
And why other company's making noise, even TRI also looking into matter..
I think that if some company is trying to Deliver product VFM and you (other companies) can't deliver as expectation (money talks), then just shut mouth take a meeting, TRI will look into matter. (I do think that they should not).

kg11sgbg

COD available? if yes then go for it.

Don't be stupid if you can try @251 any mobile then why not spend some. But if it's scam then, 251*2 billion people of India.. So it's half a trillion money scam.
And why other company's making noise, even TRI also looking into matter..
I think that if some company is trying to Deliver product VFM and you (other companies) can't deliver as expectation (money talks), then just shut mouth take a meeting, TRI will look into matter. (I do think that they should not).
I don't think C.O.D option will be available.
It will always be in the prepaid form of Credit/Debit/Netbanking/Wallet Service/etc...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
site loading for anyone?
it opened once, clicked buy, then nothing

- - - Updated - - -

lol. No longer interested. Was under the belief that someone finally made a product after studying local usage patterns and needs. There does not seem to be anything done of that sort, it is just a cheap droid.

moniker

Broken In
Why are people who have the means to buy better phones buying this? Let the needy buy, some of you guys who have placed an order don't need this and are just blocking a poor person from getting this phone.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Why are people who have the means to buy better phones buying this? Let the needy buy, some of you guys who have placed an order don't need this and are just blocking a poor person from getting this phone.

Most are doing this just to see how fraud companies loot masses by providing quality less and standard less phones. Me included. I just ordered for one. (Although I am not sure if I will ever get one, since payment process isn't completed).

Better to waste the money for those people who can afford to waste it, then to provide such phones to users who can't afford it, and still buy it in hopes to have an "Android" experience. Most such people will buy it and then say "Android experience sux".

I will willingly give the phone to someone who can't afford, if it turns out to be any good phone.

kg11sgbg

^Exactly my thoughts [MENTION=77264]Vyom[/MENTION],and I had also booked for one but not paid,as a message from their site confirmed my booking but said that they will inform me through my e-mail about payment particulars.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Aren't you guys missing the point that this is a massive scam and Ringing Bells has neither the licence nor the BIS certification to build this smartphone... Moreover, they are yet to build the factory for producing the smartphone...

Wow!!! And this is supposed to be a tech forum!!!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
they are not even going to be making any phone
that's the whole point, we won't make anything and still beat drums and say yay we made in India.

Aakarshan

In the zone

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Great scam by Ringing Bells and BJP in India!!(Just saying that because bjp's minister was there in the inaugaral ceremony)
The phone freedom 251 is actually is just a rebranded ADCOM a chinese phone, have you guys fall for it?

Freedom 251 is rebranded version of Adcom Ikon 4; Chinese smartphone sold under 'Make in India' garb? | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.co

They have used whitener to cover the mobile logo just see it more closely at the top of the phone!!
Buddy you got it late.. everyone knows about it since day one.. anyways..

So, its a scam.. but why on the earth..
They are doing this ?
Spending whole lot of money on adverts, promotion and all these controversy .. moreover, it seems they have not even asked payment from any, one of my friend said he ordered on COD..

So what is the purpose of all this drama ?
(I have some theories but would like to here what friends at digit forum has to say :) )

Aakarshan

In the zone
Buddy you got it late.. everyone knows about it since day one.. anyways..

So, its a scam.. but why on the earth..
They are doing this ?
Spending whole lot of money on adverts, promotion and all these controversy .. moreover, it seems they have not even asked payment from any, one of my friend said he ordered on COD..

So what is the purpose of all this drama ?
(I have some theories but would like to here what friends at digit forum has to say :) )
I do suspect that if a company can sell a product at around 95% less than the market price,then i can smell something fishy.Are they on a giveaway spree?
Alot of consumers still will order it by online payment.
This concept is to help poor,but how can you help a poor by selling a product on internet.'Internet' is a thing that is by very far in to the reach of 'poor'.Poor are those who can't even earn 291/- Rs. a day.A company which is just 5 months old comes up with a proposal to help poor people by selling a phone at 5% cost of the original.and all the rich people will get it.It is like a dream come true wow! What's next a new pc computer in just 1000 for poor.
And if they can sell it at such a cost so why only india? why not sell it in the all parts of the world! It will sell like hotcakes and will give other companies a run for their money!

Top Bottom