A question

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoninside

In the zone
Hey first
i m having sumsung DVD rom,
when ever i insert any CD or any DVD it do a lot of noise,
i don't understand why can any buddey help me in that or my DVD rom is gone need to visit servise center coz DVD i used were fine.
adding few more to it,
I mouse is craazy when i leave it it just start travling from that point to left,
it happens when ever i leave it alone.
one more my ie is having one tool bar installed it self named bargine2swearch or some thing , don't know how to remove it as no option in add/remove, and if i deselect it thenever it appers again.

theraven

Technomancer
1) the problem is that u have a samsung drive
get rid of it as soon as possible
atleast send it for servicing
2) the mouse thing .. ive heard abt it .. but i never found out why
maybe its a virus so get the latest AV and scan ur system
3) ur IE toolbar is just spyware
scan ur system with spybot search and destroy

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
ya did a spyware scan way before but didn't halped,
For virus having NAV2004 latest update, & kaspersky
nothing found.
nd thanx for DVD , means this noise is not comman, or is it?
pls tell me if it shouldn't be there?
and one more,
I m using windowXP SP2,
i m using Mozila & mozila firebird (latest) but when i want to connect local host it ask for username & password,
and window password doesn't fit so pls tell me why means,
try *localhost then asking for username & password
or *127.0.0.1 same too

FunkyB

Broken In
the noise from the drive is a "common" sign of approaching trouble. get ur drive serviced ASAP...the mouse thing...like raven said...seen it but nvr got to know why...:)

theraven

Technomancer
and the noise it "common" in most samsung drives
thats y i asked u to get rid of it
anyways the rest is batty's area so post ur hijack this log file here and wait for him

DKant

In the zone
:shock: BLAST??? Even my Samsung CDROM drive makes a lotta noise sumtimes. I though that my drive wasn't fitting properly into the slot (I had removed it a coupla days back..too lazy to remove it and place it back in properly) as it used to get OK when I held it firmly in place. What shld I do?

OP
D

demoninside

In the zone
Hey what about the localhost prob it have started in IE too pls help me out in this......
and yes what about that internet toolbar prob....
no spywhare working tell me some diffrent way to desolve it

NikhilVerma

Padawan
DKant said:
:shock: BLAST??? Even my Samsung CDROM drive makes a lotta noise sumtimes. I though that my drive wasn't fitting properly into the slot (I had removed it a coupla days back..too lazy to remove it and place it back in properly) as it used to get OK when I held it firmly in place. What shld I do?

I dunno...
But I got strange noises from the drive before it broke a CD....

theraven

Technomancer
i just feel samsung optical drives have generic disorders
the spin goes out of control .. which leads to "bursting" of cd's
one word of advice .. when it spins real hard ... and u press eject ...
DUCK !!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well its bout time u say good bye to your DVD drive :shock: and get yourself a new one.This is a clear indication by samsung that "This Disc Will Self Destruct In 5 Seconds or more".

theraven

Technomancer
well then u might be in luck
that happens sometimes ....
its quite common too !!
so u dun need to worry abt anything

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Ah crap, I've had two Samsung drives fail on me within six months of buying them. First they make a noise like a F-22's engines revving up, no buddy the noise is DEFINITELY not normal. A Samsung 52X CDRW drive screwed up on me, the bloody tray just keeps ejecting no matter what you do. And now the DVD on this machine is acting up, making the same sounds. My drives haven't blasted, but I've had friends who've experienced this problem where they put a CD/DVD in and get small pieces out :D I've personally seen almost 5 such occurrences. I am not going to get another Samsung drive in my life. Two mistakes are enough. Right now am extremely happy with a Sony CRX320 CDRW/DVD combo.

BTW, Dude, do you have any web server or anything else running in the background. Coz if you are running some sort of web server in the background (comes bundled with a lot of products, J2EE systems, Oracle, 602LANSuite all come with their own servers) you may be asked to connect to the server with a username and password.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Hmmm, weird, would really love to see the HijackThis logs. BTW, is that like the username/password prompt you get when you login to another comp on a network? Or something different? Did you check the Processes list to see if there was anything that could interfere with displaying the page?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
IG said:
enoomani:F22 very silent...tats y its stealth :p
more like a 747 wont u say?

An F-22 may be stealth and its engines maybe quieter by other standards, but I dont think you can stand three feet away from the engines when its revving up, can you? :D Ok, maybe I should rephrase that to my drive sounding like the launchpad at Cape Canaveral. :D Mea culpa, my friend :D

BTW, its enoonmai, like in iamnoone in reverse. :D Ever read "The Exorcist"? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom