A Question On flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

allwinsumit

Right off the assembly line
I have created a flash animation with buttons for my college.I have a small problem in making the buttons work inside the CD.I have made the flash file to autorun.After all the animation are over.The buttons will appear.And on clicking them a new page in html will appear.I have problems in making it run from the CD.It runs well from my PC.But not in any others PC.May be due to the drive letter Change.Can anyone give me an alternative.I am a novice in using flash.The coding I have used is
on (release) {
getURL("file:\\F:files\doc.html","_blank");
//or similar, for each button
}

The url is not a webpage.But a html document inside the CD.
I need help to make it autorun.[/b]

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I've never worked with flash. but as from your code what i can see is that you are using absolute path(the complete path including the drive letter) for referring your document. insted you must use relative paths( path relative to the document where you are calling another one.

suppose u are calling doc.html from in the folder files, from a file index.html in the root folder, the command must be

getURL("files\doc.html","_blank");
for the below file tree.

index.html
file
|_ doc.html

OP
A

allwinsumit

Sorry Desert wind.I have a doubt what's root folder.Does it refers to the files in the Cd or in my flash player folder.
for example:
i have a CD with files
project.exe-a exe file created using flash.
files-a folder
doc.html - a html file inside the folder.
How do i give my url inside the flash file.
like this
or in some other way.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
root folder is the folder where the base file (the file where u refer all other files, for a website this is the folder where the home page - index.htm) is located. This is not related with any drives. for eg. project.exe is ur base file, if it is located in C:\Flash, then c:\Flash is ur root folder relative to that document. if it is located in f:\, then f:\ is ur root folder. Relative paths are used so that links will work irrespective of the path or folder you save them.

so as for ur case, the file project.exe is the base file. so u must refer all other file with referance to this file. So it will work irrespective of drives and media(provided you copy the whole tree).
and in the above case the command will be

NB:if it doesnt work try / instead of \

Sarwesh

Broken In
Soft

Well! u can use soft like Auto Playmenu Builder & let it do everything for u from Autorun to Customization......

U can insert flash, media files, images & almost everything....

Here is a screenshot that I build for my CD & ofcourse it autorunned....

*www.geocities.com/sarwesh111/Images/Menu.jpg

expertno.1

Technomancer
Hi ,

Yes you can surely use Auto Playmenu Builder

*www.soft32.com/download_9349.html

AutoPlay Menu Builder Review

AutoPlay Menu Builder is one of the best tools for creating an automatic playing menu to launch your CDROM. No programming experience is necessary! Just click and drag your mouse a few times, and like magic you can build a menu which will pop up when your CDROM is inserted into the drive. From the menu you can run applications, open documents, play movies, and do much, much more. This is the simple, elegant solution to your CDROM creation needs.
System Requirements: No special requirement - Microsoft operating system: Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Download
*www.soft32.com/download-AutoPlay_Menu_Builder-9349-5.html

Screenshot
*www.linasoft.com/images/apmbuild.png

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

OP
A

allwinsumit

Thanx guys for all those help.i have fixed my error.I have misunderstood about root folder.Now I am all clear.I would like to use appz.But I have somke animation on the flash file with sound.Can anyone suggest me how to reduce and increase the volume using flash.

And thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom