A query about Tata Broadband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Guys sorry if there is already a thread about this.I am using Tata indicom broadband internet and i have changed my plan from 64 kbps unlimited to 128 kbps unlimited today.I was getting the download speed b/w 7-8 kbps in 64 kbps plan but after changing it to 128 kbps the download speed has increased to 9-10 kbps.Is it right?I have heard that in 128 kbps plan we get 15-16 kbps speed.And plz tell me about any site where i can check both the surfing speed and download speed.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
www.2wire.com
Ya it should be 15-16KBPS but u wud get it at 10KBPS. When u had opted for 64 kbps, u wud be getting 6KBPS.
I am using a 150kbps connection and I get 11-12KBPS.
These are all tricks, they say 128kbps so it shud be 16KBPS (128/8) but it is 1:1 (download:upload) so u get 8KBPS.

shashank4u

Youngling
gaurav:
try downloading different things and at different times and at night ..
u shud get the speed around 14-20 kbps..

fatguysmart

The Blessed one
I am using Sify Broadband 64 kbps connection in Thane and I get almost always speed on 9 to 10 KB/s when expected is only upto 8 KB/s.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
No use complaining. If u say u get 8KBPS, they wud say so it is 80kbps. U can use some download accelerators. How much they charge u for 128kbps speed. According to me TATA is not worth what they charge.

I used TATA 64 infinty for about 8 months and I used to get 6-7KBPS speeds and every alternate saturday night, my connection used to die. It is pathetic. Opt for Reliance broadnet or some other. probably airtel is best in New Delhi.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
casanova said:
No use complaining. If u say u get 8KBPS, they wud say so it is 80kbps. U can use some download accelerators. How much they charge u for 128kbps speed. According to me TATA is not worth what they charge.

I used TATA 64 infinty for about 8 months and I used to get 6-7KBPS speeds and every alternate saturday night, my connection used to die. It is pathetic. Opt for Reliance broadnet or some other. probably airtel is best in New Delhi.
Yes i also got 6-7 kbps in 64 kbps unlimited plan.But in this 128 kbps plan speed is just 9.7-10.And they are charging 786 Rupees for this.
I thought i will get atleast 13-14 kbps but this is very annoying.

check with customer care... if they dont reply, chk below link.

*broadbandforum.in/index.php

if u still dont get proper speed of ur plan,

and change isp...

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Ya, I think it is still what they can give as I have a 150kbps connection and I get 10-12KBPS. The services in India are narrowband.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
So, no speed boost for me. Just check if these speeds is what u get regularly. Those Tata people never increased my speeds though. I think I should call up my isp as well.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
casanova said:
So, no speed boost for me. Just check if these speeds is what u get regularly. Those Tata people never increased my speeds though. I think I should call up my isp as well.
Yes call them.I gave them warning.I said "I'll go to consumer court if u dont provide the services which u have commited." :D

T

thunderbird.117

gaurav_indian said:
Yes call them.I gave them warning.I said "I'll go to consumer court if u dont provide the services which u have commited." :D

What did they tell you then?. Ok sir we are extremely sorry for the inconvience. We will send a person has soon has possible to recify your problem.

In their mind :- Get lost. Who does he think of think of himself. Complain us to consumer court?. What a joke.

@gaurav_indian:- Do not think they will give you proper service. Get airtel or bsnl and be happy. Worst of it. All ISP in india sucks terribly.

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Airtel is bad here.Their customer care is poor.Few of my friends have got Airtel and all of them are complaining about the bills because they are not sending bills according to the usage.
And BSNL is not in New Delhi.

T

thunderbird.117

gaurav_indian said:
Airtel is bad here.Their customer care is poor.Few of my friends have got Airtel and all of them are complaining about the bills because they are not sending bills according to the usage.
And BSNL is not in New Delhi.

:confused:. Come on man. New Delhi is the Capital of india and you are telling their is no bsnl?.

Actually which part of new delhi you live?. Do you live in Urban,Rural or incase in Village :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom