1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

A problem with TWISTER in AUG 2004 CD

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by kl_ravi, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kl_ravi

kl_ravi New Member

Hi All,

Recently I installed a software "Twister" found in Digital Tools\System\Internet of the August 2004 Digit CD. It installed, without my notice, few spywares and a trojan horse PSW.Briss.D and PSW.Briss.E :evil: :evil:

I would like to warn my fellow participants here about such spywares present in small and nifty applications like this. :D

The aforesaid software (twister) searches for your favorite song on the internet and gives you an option to download it. :twisted:

Whether this process is legitimate or not that is another question. But evil begets evil. That's what is to be learnt from this experience.

2. NikhilVerma

NikhilVerma Member

Well you must thank god that you didn't get a virus installed with the application

3. OP
    OP
    kl_ravi

kl_ravi New Member

Yes!!!
    I was lucky that nothing untoward happened. I promptly uninstalled the software. I should have read the terms & conditions before installing the software. But who reads them nowadays ?

Now the question is, don't digit guys verify if the software they are shipping is spyware or not ??? :?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.