1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

A problem when I connect to Internet

Discussion in 'Internet & WWW' started by ramprasad, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramprasad

ramprasad New Member

Hi All
    I run a P4, 1.6GHz, 40GB HDD, an LG DVD, and CD-RW.... machine running on Windows 2000 SP4... The problem is that whwnever i connect to the net, the system issues a message after 5 mins or so that "svchost.exe has performed an ilegal opearion and an error log has been created". After that I am not able to use my context menu(right click menu) and not open the link in a new window.............

Please help to solve it and Thanx in Advance........

Regards,
    Ramprasad

2. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

this could be a virus related issue. Which Antivirus do you have ? And since this happens mainly when the internet connection happens, I def think this could be a trojan. If you dont have an AV I suggest you get one ASAP. Tyr Kaspersky. Its very good.

3. it_waaznt_me

it_waaznt_me Coming back to life ..

Hmmm .. Have a look at this page .. ...

Install SP2 .. it will patch most recent vulnerabilities .. I think you have got Blaster virus ...

4. OP
    OP
    ramprasad

ramprasad New Member

Hi
    I use Norton AV 2003.........with the latest updates as possible.....and one more problem.....I am able to connect to the NAV server and it says that u"Your definitions are updated" and I still see the old date.......in my status..... But I see no virus alerts or something........

5. icecoolz

icecoolz Active Member

SP2 for Windows 2000 ? :?: :?: :?: The guy has Windows 2000 with Sp4 neways. So I dont see that as an issue. I def think it would be the blaster virus. I have no idea why Norton behaves like that. I would suggest gettin rid of Norton and getting Kaspersky AV. Its much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.