A problem when I connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi All
I run a P4, 1.6GHz, 40GB HDD, an LG DVD, and CD-RW.... machine running on Windows 2000 SP4... The problem is that whwnever i connect to the net, the system issues a message after 5 mins or so that "svchost.exe has performed an ilegal opearion and an error log has been created". After that I am not able to use my context menu(right click menu) and not open the link in a new window.............

Please help to solve it and Thanx in Advance........

Regards,
Ramprasad

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
this could be a virus related issue. Which Antivirus do you have ? And since this happens mainly when the internet connection happens, I def think this could be a trojan. If you dont have an AV I suggest you get one ASAP. Tyr Kaspersky. Its very good.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
ramprasad said:
Hi All
I run a P4, 1.6GHz, 40GB HDD, an LG DVD, and CD-RW.... machine running on Windows 2000 SP4... The problem is that whwnever i connect to the net, the system issues a message after 5 mins or so that "svchost.exe has performed an ilegal opearion and an error log has been created". After that I am not able to use my context menu(right click menu) and not open the link in a new window.............

Please help to solve it and Thanx in Advance........

Regards,
Ramprasad

Hmmm .. Have a look at this page .. ...

Install SP2 .. it will patch most recent vulnerabilities .. I think you have got Blaster virus ...

OP
ramprasad

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
I use Norton AV 2003.........with the latest updates as possible.....and one more problem.....I am able to connect to the NAV server and it says that u"Your definitions are updated" and I still see the old date.......in my status..... But I see no virus alerts or something........

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmmm .. Have a look at this page .. ...

Install SP2 .. it will patch most recent vulnerabilities .. I think you have got Blaster virus ...

SP2 for Windows 2000 ? :?: :?: :?: The guy has Windows 2000 with Sp4 neways. So I dont see that as an issue. I def think it would be the blaster virus. I have no idea why Norton behaves like that. I would suggest gettin rid of Norton and getting Kaspersky AV. Its much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom