A possible 10 years imprisonment for a “Elite torrents” uploader + $500,000 fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayanks_098

world is evil
As the saga of FBI crackdown on the US based BT tracker “Elite torrents” continues,another uploader associated with the “sharing” of Star Wars Episode III,a pre-release movie of that time,found guilty under Family Entertainment Copyright Act. ,could be facing 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine!!!.
In this copyright case tried in the criminal (rather than civil) legal domain, potential punishments are harsh. Do is facing up to 10 years in prison coupled with a fine of $500,000.
He will be sentenced on February 27th, 2008.
An Duc Do, aged 25, of Orlando, Florida, is charged with conspiracy to commit criminal copyright infringement and criminal copyright infringement.Earlier to FBI raids resulted in five months of prison, five months of home arrest, and a $3,000 fine against Grant T. Stanley on October 17, 2006.[1] Another administrator of the site, Scott McCausland, received the same sentence on December 19, 2006.There have been two more convicts,Sam Kuonen and Scott D. Harvanek.
But to me the even the punishment prospects seem too harsh.
Murderers(including George Bush),rapists and many other more severe criminals roam freely.What does FBI do nail them? MPAA and the likes have tried hard defending the monetary rights of these movies etc but what about “HUMAN RIGHTS INFRINGEMENT” these criminals make?

source wanted : and no refering to your own blog

Last edited by a moderator:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya more they scr*w the customers...
the more thier products(films,songs,softwares,..etc..etc..) going to released earlier, sooner,... shared and downloaded by thousands... and distibuted to millions.. within few minutes..

so they better find a way..

do u think this way they can control the file sharing ??

NO... NO...

this will only ignite fire in the minds of those who have been punished and those who see from the other side of the line..

this is wht the message suprnova had putup when they returned to POWER!!

"This is how it works. Whatever you sink, we build back up. Whomever you sue, ten new pirates are recruited. Wherever you go, we are already ahead of you. You are the past and the forgotten, we are the internet and the future. y'arr!"

thisis true and this is how it works ...

Last edited:
OP
mayanks_098

mayanks_098

world is evil
yeah...this aint gonna work ever.
every now and then we see similar things.demonoid blocked again.im not advocating piracy in any way.
but what i wana say is there are many more serious crimes all over to deal with.movie makers are so protective about their monetary profit but what about a very native "casting couch" in there own world?why dont they make a body for that?

P.S. to the mod who edited this article: i din copy the article,i read the news on DIGG and wrote the article,so source is my blog only.and the source of news is a torrent site only so cant give that,not here and not on my blog. :rolleyes:
and tell me if giving your blog as source is against the rules of the forum?i dint knew this so im asking.
anyways giving DIGG link: DIGG

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
DVDs with region codes,Music with drm,Games with bloody securom,and not to mention the price they charge for these ****.Lower the damn prices and make the life of end users a little easier and then I will think about purchasing original contents.

Open source and p2p is the future.

vish786

"The Gentleman"
"This is how it works. Whatever you sink, we build back up. Whomever you sue, ten new pirates are recruited. Wherever you go, we are already ahead of you. You are the past and the forgotten, we are the internet and the future. y'arr!"
now this is a real challenge.... Well said. :cool: ...ready to fight back.*www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/o050.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom