A personalized e-mailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
HI
I have searched net a lot and at last found one way to send e-cards,flash animation etc, on the email.
That is emailer. But can't find the best to suite me. I have downloaded
Advanced Emailer, but don't know how to use it. It asks for smtp server now what's this.

I have visited 123greetings.com
But they send e-cards as attachments, I want the pics and flash animation to apear on the mail page.

I there anyway to do it?

eddie

El mooooo
I think you should look at Incredimail
*www.incredimail.com/english/splash/splash.asp
It might not be exactly what you are looking for but you'll like it.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
Simply great
I wanted this thing.

But

Can't send message.
It says
Authorisation failure
Please review "Server details" below, and if necessary, validate your account Username and password.

In server details
"null[]"

help!

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
In outlook I got this

The service is currently unavailable. Try again later. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: '*services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: '*services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Service Unavailable', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 87, Error Number: 0x800CCCF0

puja399

In the zone
Install SMTP server in ur computer, and send ur mails though it, u don't need any third party server like Hotmails etc. U can try this freeware: *www.softstack.com/download/freesmtp.zip

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
I have downloaded the free SMTP server

But on the bottom it always shows

Waiting for connection on port #25: using DNS server :202.56.230.6

puja399

In the zone
Put 'localhost' in the SMTP Server name in ur mail client, port 25. Now u can send mails through ur server.

OP
himtuna

himtuna

Journeyman
what what??

still could'nt get what you are saying.

I have airtelbroadband connection.
I entered my email id provided by sirtel in the mail client and was successful in sending the mail.

But I want to know more about what you all adviced me to do. localhost smtp and all that buzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom