A new way of viewing ur files/folder graphically...

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigger

Journeyman
this is the sw i came across many years ago.. this is really a cool way to view ur files/folder.

Standard treemaps often lead to thin rectangles. We have developed a new method to display files : Squarified treemaps. The screen is subdivided such that rectangles approach squares as closely as possible. The screenshot gives an example. *www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/Graphics/ScreenSHSq1a.jpg

Ever wondered why your hard disk is full? :confused: Or what directory is taking up most of the space? When using conventional disk browsing tools, such as Windows Explorer, these questions may be hard to answer. With SequoiaView however, they can be answered almost immediately.8) SequoiaView uses a visualization technique called cushion treemaps to provide you with a single picture of the entire contents of your hard drive. You can use it to locate those large files that you haven't accessed in one year, or to quickly locate the largest picture files on your drive. The screenshots below give a first impression of the original cushion treemaps:

Inspect details of any file on your harddrive

*www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/Graphics/Screenshot1H.jpg

Locate those big files you never use
*www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/Graphics/ScreenShot2H.jpg

SequoiaView was developed by the computer science department of the Technische Universiteit Eindhoven and can be downloaded for free from these pages. For more background information click one of the links on the left. Click here to download SequoiaView (approximately 500 Kb).

more info here

ru goin to rep me 4 this..??? im waiting..:)

aadipa

Padawan
hmmm...
Using SequoiaView for last few years (Some old times like batty will remember me advertising it regularly :p )... its good and fast, . I also coded a similar program, for my college project.

Currently there is one more program I use which uses treemaps, WinDirStat ( *windirstat.info/ ) Right now I prefer it over SequoiaView as it suites better to my requirement.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Ya old one.... There is another utility similar which shows folders that way... thus indicatin the size each folder/file occupies in the disk.. JDiskReport

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hahaha ... As soon as I saw this link, I wanted to write about Aadi .. :p ..Seems he's already been here .. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
NOt a big fan of such softwares , but i used software called 'Fosi' once , better than this . This one looks like a collection of garbage.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
^^^^^^^ very true... in fact.. something like algae.. or microscopic cells... something filthy.... with all these colors... yuk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom