A New Mystery Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalam

In the zone
Morgellons is a new mysterious disease that is spreading worldwide although most of the cases are currently occuring in the United States.

Symptoms:
The most striking symptoms of Morgellons are lesions and coloured fibers growing out of them. These fibers can be pulled out with much force however this does not seem to stop further growth. Itching occurs which can so strong that some Morgellon sufferes have been reported to have committed suicide.

What It Is:
This disease is currently not yet recognized as a new generic disease. Most patients are told by their doctor to visit a psychiatrist.

Some Pictures:
*www.dpref.com/fibers/fib1.jpg
*www.dpref.com/fibers/fib-6A.jpg
*www.dpref.com/burrows/b2.jpg

Source

saikibryan

Journeyman
"Morgellons" or "Morgellons disease" is a multisystem disorder. symptoms r right which LALAM stated, with no causing organism known n no diagnostic criteria, it is dangerous. it is termed as delusional parasitosis.

One good news is that this disease has been succesfully treated with PIMOZIDE, a antipsychotic drug.

Tight lines...screaming drag

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
keep away from India.Every thing come first in U.S.A its technology or disease

*www.dpref.com/fibers/fib1.jpg
*www.dpref.com/fibers/fib-6A.jpg
*www.dpref.com/burrows/b2.jpg

eddie

El mooooo
It has no origin guys. This is just cooked up by some attention mongerers.
*www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/2459

If this Morgellons is true then this is a real disease as well
*improbable.com/2006/11/14/a-good-hard-cry/

saikibryan

Journeyman
eddie said:
It has no origin guys. This is just cooked up by some attention mongerers.
*www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/weblog/comments/2459

If this Morgellons is true then this is a real disease as well
*improbable.com/2006/11/14/a-good-hard-cry/

don't laugh much...what i posted from recent dermatology journal,
the disease is termed as delusional parasitosis
if ya go by the name it has got two part...one is the infection which seems to be parasitic in origin...other one is delusion...psychology

good news is it has been treated well...
no news of outsourcing as of now...
n abt the disease ya mentioned in that link...i'll check it with my friends at RIMS and AIIMS
tight lines...

eddie

El mooooo
saikibryan said:
don't laugh much...what i posted from recent dermatology journal,
the disease is termed as delusional parasitosis
if ya go by the name it has got two part...one is the infection which seems to be parasitic in origin...other one is delusion...psychology

good news is it has been treated well...
no news of outsourcing as of now...
n abt the disease ya mentioned in that link...i'll check it with my friends at RIMS and AIIMS
tight lines...
I was not laughing earlier but now I really want to. Dude you don't just go around dividing disease names and inferring their meaning. Delusional Parasitosis means the condition where a person is under a delusion that he/she is suffering from a parasitic disease. It is not half delusion and half parasitic in origin. It doesn't work like that. Period.

As far as it being treated well. It has been treated well by giving people antipsychotics. Antipsychotics have NO Anti-Parasitic or Antibiotic or Antiviral characteristics. These drugs are stabilising the thoughts of these patients thus treating their misconceptions of having a disease and are not acting against any disease causing organism. Why don't you check with your "friends at RIMS and AIIMS" as to what they think about delusional parasitosis and antipsychotics.

saikibryan

Journeyman
eddie said:
I was not laughing earlier but now I really want to. Dude you don't just go around dividing disease names and inferring their meaning. Delusional Parasitosis means the condition where a person is under a delusion that he/she is suffering from a parasitic disease. It is not half delusion and half parasitic in origin. It doesn't work like that. Period.

As far as it being treated well. It has been treated well by giving people antipsychotics. Antipsychotics have NO Anti-Parasitic or Antibiotic or Antiviral characteristics. These drugs are stabilising the thoughts of these patients thus treating their misconceptions of having a disease and are not acting against any disease causing organism. Why don't you check with your "friends at RIMS and AIIMS" as to what they think about delusional parasitosis and antipsychotics.

my good man eddie buddy, if a person is havin delusion abt infected wit parasites that is termed as delusion....

as this disease is peculiar in terms of aetiology as well as diagnostic criteria...it is termed as delusional parasitosis as the both of factors present there

as far my friends goes...yep i have some friends at RIMS n AIIMS,
i won't name them, just one point....
i'm a doctor, a pass out of medical college, kolkata...
so is it unusual havin friends in other colleges???

there r many diseases termed n named, atleast as we see in our pathology textbook...which is almost 1 Ft in thickness
now compare it with medicine book, it's almost 2 inches lesser thick
so there's no remedy of all diseases

if ya don't kno the diagnosis or causative organism of that damn parasite how can ya give a patient antiparasitic drugs?????
this morgellons or DP whatever ya want to call it...has got only symptomatic management
check wat lalam said abt symptoms
does it ring any bell????

american dermatologists' term= delusional parasitosis
where delusion part is established n treated
n parasitosis part, organism is yet to be detected

just wish there won't b any outsourcing in future
godspeed

eddie

El mooooo
Can you tell us which books you followed in your medical college related to Pathology and Medicine? As far as I know the most popular books for pathology and medicine are Robbins & Cotran and Harrison's respectively where the latter is thicker (since it comes in 3 volumes) and no it is no where near 1ft in thickness (even after keeping all 3 books one over other). Which 1ft thick book are you talking about here? The only thicker book I have seen that lies between Harrison's and Robbins is probably Bailey & Love's which is also not 1ft thick.

Also for your kind information (although you should know it as you are already a doctor), any disease is classed after its causative agent has been found. Delusion cannot be clubbed with any disease that has some organic cause and thus delusional parasitosis is "not a parasitic" disease...not because parasites have not been found...but because it is considered as delusion. It is being treated for Delusions...because it is a delusion. There are no two ways about it.

saikibryan

Journeyman
eddie said:
Can you tell us which books you followed in your medical college related to Pathology and Medicine? As far as I know the most popular books for pathology and medicine are Robbins & Cotran and Harrison's respectively where the latter is thicker (since it comes in 3 volumes) and no it is no where near 1ft in thickness (even after keeping all 3 books one over other). Which 1ft thick book are you talking about here? The only thicker book I have seen that lies between Harrison's and Robbins is probably Bailey & Love's which is also not 1ft thick.

Also for your kind information (although you should know it as you are already a doctor), any disease is classed after its causative agent has been found. Delusion cannot be clubbed with any disease that has some organic cause and thus delusional parasitosis is "not a parasitic" disease...not because parasites have not been found...but because it is considered as delusion. It is being treated for Delusions...because it is a delusion. There are no two ways about it.

newayz i'm not here to argue...
@shri75...yep he he he

eddie buddy it's not my term not my treatment...
it's all theirs...bloody sams
so don't blame me

kotran,kumar n robbins...4 volumes....for MD path
harrison's internal med...2 volumes(not3)...for MD med

what i've stated before is not my belief
and i'm not here to educate ppl abt that
so no point arguing
if ya think it that way...then think buddy
regards

eddie

El mooooo
If you are not here to educate people then at least don't support FUD. If you are a doctor then you should be one of the people in front condemning such delusional diseases rather than fuelling mass hysteria.

saikibryan

Journeyman
eddie said:
If you are not here to educate people then at least don't support FUD. If you are a doctor then you should be one of the people in front condemning such delusional diseases rather than fuelling mass hysteria.

chill...
ya told ur part...n i've mine
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom