A new [Hot] Browser in Town - Move over FF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Journeyman
Seriously, I was a huge fan of Firefox until yesterday my friend introduced me to Dr.Orca, a brand new browser made by the developers of Avant Browser. It seriously seemed to rock me over and over again with it's awesomeness. It is made using the Same Gecko Engine that Firefox users and has a lot in common with FF, but at the same time incorporates all the good features of IE, Avant. It looks simply amazing and it's killer looks have bowled me over along with it's simplicity. It's ease of use is awesome and any computer-newbie can use it. The features are great, looks good and it loads at same speed as FF does, so Dr.Orca does manage to score in all departments. This browser is still in it's beta version though and anyone is free to download and try the latest beta 0.001 out @ *forum.avantbrowser.com/viewtopic.php?t=12402. Feel free to give your comments about it.

This is a observation made by a creative member at Avant Forums. I felt I had to show it to you guys.
Mr.Bass_Signer said:
Eureka! I've deciphered the mystery! Using my trusty WordWeb dictionary/thesaurus I have found the following definitions:

Doctor [Verb:]
3. Restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken.

Orca
[Noun:] Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
[Synonym:] Sea Wolf

The above findings are clues to the mystery.
Firstly, Anderson must have concluded that FireFox was broken and needed to be repaired or replaced.

Secondly, if we separate FireFox into two common words Fire and Fox the synonym for Orca comes into play.

The Sea (which is water) puts out the Fire. Then the Wolf consumes the Fox.

This leads to the conclusion that Dr. Orca was made to replace Firefox!

Very Interesting! Shocked (Not sure how true my analogy is, but it's worth considering! Very Happy )
Nice, isn't it?

Note::
FF is still Numero Uno in the end but when Dr.Orca v1.00 comes out there just might be a change.

~ Hasta La Vista

C

cybermanas

opera is FREE now
opera is FREE now
opera is FREE now
opera is FREE now
opera is FREE now

Try it today and you will forget all other browsers

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Why all the threads move toward this Browser battle?

Pls guys! leave this thread for discussing this new browser only :wink:

AlienTech

In the zone
Dr orca uses Sun Java while the update to it, Avant browser uses Microsoft Java. I prefer Microsoft java because it is much faster than Sun Java where you can see flickering when you scroll even on my AMD 3000+/MSI computer. Also the fonts are different in Sun and Microsoft. AND the avant browser uses more Microsoft IE stuff like passwords etc rather than having to reenter them.

Both seem to function identically... otherwise...

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
Why are people so crazy about browsers. As Vishal said^^.

I like Dr.Orca better cause it's based on a Gecko Engine like FF.

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
Why are people so crazy about browsers. As Vishal said^^.

I like Dr.Orca better cause it's based on a Gecko Engine like FF.

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
Let me see

I will check it when Digit carry it in the CD/DVD.
If only it load pages faster than Opera, and the browsing feel too must be much better, along with better customisebility,and funtionalities, I will migrate to it. 8)
Otherwise Bla bla bla , it will follow the way of Maxthon, Green, Crazy, IE7, Mozilla, Netscape and Firefox which are tested by me and find their way to the hell. :twisted:

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
AlienTech said:
Dr orca uses Sun Java while the update to it, Avant browser uses Microsoft Java. I prefer Microsoft java because it is much faster than Sun Java where you can see flickering when you scroll even on my AMD 3000+/MSI computer. Also the fonts are different in Sun and Microsoft. AND the avant browser uses more Microsoft IE stuff like passwords etc rather than having to reenter them.

Both seem to function identically... otherwise...

I dont think u can use ms java with win xp sp2!!!! It is uninstalled by default!

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
We have to check it.
It seems it worth the checking and I wont go to download it.
Just check it when digit carries it in CD.
But I am hopeless, It may not be so fast in dialup connection just as firefox.
Moreover the 'tabbed only' browsing is not in FF and it may be so in Dr.Orca
The buttons and tool bars must be highly costomisable, there must be a new page button in the tab bar,
There must be a load in background tab option in the right click menu, and my needs go on and on.
If it satisfy all these, It Rocks. Otherwise....................

OP
R

Retro

Journeyman
Dr.Orca is just in it's dev and is a lot promising but it's starting screen is a bit slow but I think there is a way to disable it.

Wonders if Digit will carry it in it's CD/DVD.

expertno.1

Technomancer
hey i jsut checked it out and it speed sucks

50% slower than opera

tried to load images and texts at once unlike opera which loads the text first

nah
will stickied to OPERA

although it has nice customizabilites but its speed sucks

moreover its BETA..many bugs !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom