A New Cyber Cafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterShrelock007

Right off the assembly line
HI, I Opened a Cyber Cafe. IT Have 4 PC's. The Server : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+,512 x 2 533Mz DDR II RAM,160 GB SATA II Hard Drive,Gigabyte S Series GA-M51GM-S2G AM2 MotherBoard With Nvidia 6100 Chipset,Windows Vista Ready.The Clients : AMD Sempron 64 2800+,256 333Mz DDR I RAM,80 GB ATA,Gigabyte K8M800,VIA Apollo Chipset.Is This Configraction Good For A Cyber Cafe

S

SE><IE

TIP: Buy some games and convert into a game-depot. You'll get popular very soon and at the same time it'll help in increasing the gamer base. :)

hailgautam

Youngling
gaming would make good business sense

1.you don't hav to spend on bandwidth

2.gaming revenues will be better than browsing perhr basis

3.occupancy rate would be better-gamers will spend more time on playing games compared to ppl browsing net

4.there could be scope for you to diversify much quickly in to sales of peripherals and stuff

having said that i must warn you gamers 'll expect better amenities n system will need frequent updates

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well i have allways preffered to prodive 512MB RAM for our cafe clients... as we really concentrate of the software security of the systems... we run KAV and Spybot in real time to make sure system is virus of spyware/malware free... people do use our cafe for finantial deals on internet so its must that we ensure that their privacy and security is kept of right front...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
You can chop down on the hard disk costs, 80 GB isnt needed IMO. Even a 40 is a lot... IMHO, a 20 should go down well enough and give you come reduced costs per client. And since server has a 160, its all adjusted if someone needs to download 10gig+ files lol...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well as we talk about hardware... we forgettting the most important deal... the softwares....

u should allways think of getting Original Windows and one paid AVS.. as i found with my self, the time i used to spend with formatting the system now and then because of lack of good AVS cost me more than Rs. 1250 is what is the price of one KAV...

also Original Windows ensures uptodate system which really helps to keep the system running and healthy... we have more system so we went for volume licencing for Windows and Office...

secondlly now days at the time of Reliance and Sify here and there.. u neeed to be cool enough to draw customer to ur cafe... u just cant seat with a pen and papero to write down the time... lol...

consider buying a cafe management software...

Now there are many of them... some even doesnt use Explorer rather they come with their OWN GUI system... but I foound one indian Cafe Management software.. is good enough for my 50 system cafe.... that's Called CafeZee.. very good and flexible... allows u to compete with Sify and Reliance... comes with Good security features also... like blocking drives and looking softwares or Menus or Options... also one click to apply or remove them to maintanence...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
The configuration is good enough. If you are looking to capture gamers, who actually spend more time at cafes, then you may have to increase the HDD capacity of the clients. This is becoz now-a-days games are becoming too big. Even demo versions are of 1GB. Otherwise the configiration is really good.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
One thing you should remember is running your pcs on original xp is one thing, keeping them free of viruses is another.
Preferably run all of them with limited accounts and not admin accounts.
If you do the above then you will need to install ALL essential software like adobe reader, klite megacodec pack, winamp, etc., so customers do not have to call you each time they need something. Try to restrict yourself to freeware or even better, open source so as to avoid legal problems.
Enabling auto update for the server (if its a proxy should do) unless your bandwidth is unlimited. Rest you can patch using Autopatcher XP.

GeekyBoy

In the zone
PeterShrelock007 said:
HI, I Opened a Cyber Cafe. IT Have 4 PC's. The Server : AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+,512 x 2 533Mz DDR II RAM,160 GB SATA II Hard Drive,Gigabyte S Series GA-M51GM-S2G AM2 MotherBoard With Nvidia 6100 Chipset,Windows Vista Ready.The Clients : AMD Sempron 64 2800+,256 333Mz DDR I RAM,80 GB ATA,Gigabyte K8M800,VIA Apollo Chipset.Is This Configraction Good For A Cyber Cafe
You posted this also in the Chip forum, didn't you?

You can manage to run a server with much less components- you could have made the clients' config better to lure gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom