a music system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Official Techie

In the zone
my dad has after much considerations dumped the old music system i have a budget of 40 k bucks suggest a very very good one and dont say to increase my budget

Ch@0s

In the zone
Do you already have a source or do you need a source as well? Take a look at the Sonodyne Sonus 2605(~20K) or Jamo S408(~16K) or Wharfedale Diamond 8.4(~19K) and a decent stereo integrated amplifier (the NAD C320BEE I use is excellent for around 20K, there's a Rotel RA-02 for nearly the same price and a Marantz PM7200 for slightly more). If you can't afford that much, there are very nice sounding Norge amps for around 10K. Get the NAD if you don't want the source or else get the norge. Finally look for a Denon/Onkyo/Nad CD Player. That'll cost around 10K. I don't have much idea of it cos i use my computer as a source. Whatever you do, don't buy a mini system from one of the korean makers or sony. They sound horrible compared to a real system like the one i mentioned above. Also one last tip... avoid bose at all costs :p. Even the korean crap will sound better than bose hehe.

EDIT: There's another awesome sounding pair of Lithos bookshelves for around 14K as well. Another thing to note about sound... only trust your ears. What sounds good to others may not sound good to you depending upon what you listen to but take it for granted that bose, sony and korean crap sound universally bad :p. Onkyo makes excellent HT receivers but their speakers totally suck. I mean totally.

Last edited:

Broken In
buy the Bose Wave system (35k) if there is a problem of space,it just a single piece, is really small but has pretty good sound.otherwise,here is a suggested combination:
Marantz CD5001 CD player(15k)
Wharfdale Diamond 9.0 speakers(8k)
Yamaha AX-396 amplifier(16k)
spend the rest 1k on good cables.
also,this is only a suggested combo,so go to some AV shop and ask them to suggest some combo.try and listen to the combo before u buy it.

Ch@0s

In the zone
Yamaha amps are the least musical of all brands. Simply not worth it. Also Diamond 9.0 is a surround speaker... you really wouldnt want to use it as a bookshelf speaker :p. If you want bookshelves, you'd have to invest atleast in a 9.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom