A mobo for AMD 3200+ with PCI-e and LAN ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh_nitb

Right off the assembly line
Kudos to all technology navigators . I want to price and specs of motherboards supporting AMD 64 3000 or 3200 + .The main question is whether TEMPERATURE RISES QUICKLY AND SHARPLY IN AMD 3200+?
I rejected INTEL P4 3.0 BECAUSE TEMP WENT AS HIGH AS 58 C ALSO SUGGEST GOOD CABINET.AND WHETHER THIS PROCESSOR WILL SCALE UP TO THE GAMES I PLAY LIKE NFSU2,GTA:SA,FIFA2004,CRICKET2005,CALL OF DUTY ETC ?
HELP REQUIRED URGENTLY !!!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
the AMD 64 range runs much cooler than the P4 3 ghz series. Infact the 64 range is coolest of the AMD series itself.

Yes all the games which you have mentioned can be handled by the processor. However the performance for gaming is not processor dependant, rather graphics card dependant so ur graphics card will determine the game performances. Zebronics Lava is a decent cabinet. I would suggest you change the power supply to one from VIP Powersafe 500W or the Antec 400W, mind you the latter is rather expensive and VIP PSU's are very good.

AlienTech

In the zone
I dont know if 58C is high because running my AMD 3000 @ 1GHZ it is over 50C and at 2GHZ its closer to 60C, the mother board itself runs around 38C. Unless you are in an AC room, the system itself will be at least 20C higher even with very good cooling. And the CPU is supposedly the lowest power consuming one on the market at under 40W.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Now these AMD 64bit are more cooler than the Intel....There is no problem regarding the heat....Try with good cabinet which as 3 fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom