i am having w700i with 2gb card now and had 6630 a year back

i want more space my options are

w810i with 4 gb mspd comes for 12k

or n91 8gb for nearly same price

now my question

1 n91 8gb available for 12k does it has wifi
if it has can i browse on it using my mt841 wifi modem configured to autodial

2 headphones coming with n91 8gb r they good or i should buy separate one

3 r there any other models other than nokia and se that support 4gb or has 4 gb onboard moto samsung anything

4 n80 doesnt support 4gb but has wifi so again my doubt is can i browse on it with mt841 (mt841 is adsl modem + wifi router )
also i want to know abt its musical capablities souund quality bundled headphone quality

5 abt w810i any other w series or k series with 4 gb support in that price range

6 w810 accesories cds-65 deskstand that helps u to play music and charge at same time is it available in india (chennai exactly) i want to use it as my audio solution

7 w810 accesories hpm-82 headset anyone tried it is it ok cause it has remote control and the bundled one doesnt have

i want a phone with 4gb mem but if it has wifi i can accept 2gb
but it should a good music solution

dont worry abt cam or os ( i used symbian on 6630 but i dont miss it on my w700i
music is my priority

also pls tell me good 2.1 pric around 2k
award winning atp3
or do i have better choice????????????/

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
not supported some fat16 fat 32 explanation i think but i dont know
any1 tried pls mention
anyways i gave it to my brother and im getting a new one

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
but i gave it to my brother

another doubt will w810i support 8gb
if it supports is it available in india
cost????????????

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
8GB support is doubtful. Thats coz the memory addressing method about 4GB changes. Hence most phones requires a firmware update. I don't think you'll find any phone supporting 8GB memory card. Only hard disk/flash memory based phones are available in this category.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
even if a phone support 8gb mem card, it wud take ages to read big files. Instead get a decent phone nd get an 8gb pen drive. Its faster nd easier nd light on pocket too.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
aravind_n20 said:
even if a phone support 8gb mem card, it wud take ages to read big files. Instead get a decent phone nd get an 8gb pen drive. Its faster nd easier nd light on pocket too.

Any phone will take ages to read a big file!
The file reading becomes slow if you keep a huge number of files in the same folder. If you distribute your files over various folder, then a 8GB card wont be any trouble.

K

krazyfrog

drdsak said:
Hi
I need to buy a mobile for 10-14k

i am having w700i with 2gb card now and had 6630 a year back

i want more space my options are

w810i with 4 gb mspd comes for 12k

or n91 8gb for nearly same price

now my question

1 n91 8gb available for 12k does it has wifi
if it has can i browse on it using my mt841 wifi modem configured to autodial

2 headphones coming with n91 8gb r they good or i should buy separate one

3 r there any other models other than nokia and se that support 4gb or has 4 gb onboard moto samsung anything

4 n80 doesnt support 4gb but has wifi so again my doubt is can i browse on it with mt841 (mt841 is adsl modem + wifi router )
also i want to know abt its musical capablities souund quality bundled headphone quality

5 abt w810i any other w series or k series with 4 gb support in that price range

6 w810 accesories cds-65 deskstand that helps u to play music and charge at same time is it available in india (chennai exactly) i want to use it as my audio solution

7 w810 accesories hpm-82 headset anyone tried it is it ok cause it has remote control and the bundled one doesnt have

i want a phone with 4gb mem but if it has wifi i can accept 2gb
but it should a good music solution

dont worry abt cam or os ( i used symbian on 6630 but i dont miss it on my w700i
music is my priority

also pls tell me good 2.1 pric around 2k
award winning atp3
or do i have better choice????????????/
1. Yes/Yes.
2. They offer average sound. Buy better ones if you can.
3. All Samsung, Moto phones in that range with microSD slot only support upto 2gb. Currently only Nokia and SE offer 4gb/8gb solution in India.
4. Yes. Sound quality is good and average sounding earphones are provided. It cannot match N91 though.
5. W610i, W580i, W830i, K790i, P990i, M600i, etc.
6. Can't say exactly, but big shops might have it:? .
7. It should work without any problems.
8. Just go for N91 8gb. It has the best sound quality, wi-fi and offers the most memory for the money:cool: .
9. ATP-3 is an amazing system. Go for it.:)

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
5. W610i, W580i, , K790i, P990i, , etc.

all these phone have m2 and they support only 2g b max and 4gb is costly twice that of mspd

m600i and w830i cost 15k
does spending 5k on them over w810i has any value???
what abt musical cap of m600i

also sorry for posting in two forums

moderators pls make this one main and delete one in hardware forum

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
If cam, OS etc are not important but music is then there is no much compelling difference between any of the walkman phones (except the newer ones which haf a2dp and album art) or even the symbian ones.

In that case sticking with W700i is the best option. Get two 4GB MSPDs.

K

krazyfrog

^^^2 cards infra?:shock: A tad inconvenient don't you think?
drdsak said:
5. W610i, W580i, , K790i, P990i, , etc.

all these phone have m2 and they support only 2g b max and 4gb is costly twice that of mspd

m600i and w830i cost 15k
does spending 5k on them over w810i has any value???
what abt musical cap of m600i
Nope. All those phones support 4gb cards. However you're right about M2 being expensive. M600i sounds similar to W950i, which means its good.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Well, whether its a firmware OS or Symbian, when the required capacity exceeds 4GB it makes sense to get 2 cards of 4GB rather than a single 8GB card for obvious reasons. No matter how well you organise your data, its gonna be slow.... speaking out of personal experience.

K

krazyfrog

^^ Ya i know it'll become slow with a higher capacity card. What i'm trying to say is that if one needs higher capacity like 4gb or 8gb, it makes more sense to buy a phone with such high capacity built-in instead of buying two cards. That'll be more convenient and also these phones can handle these higher capacities much better.

OP
D

drdsak

Broken In
again thanx for responss

my question is whether 8gb mspd available in india

also i read in some forums that any phone that supports 4gb will support 8gb as
it will recognize fat32 for 4gb is only fat32

i already have ep-630 got it with my dell 1520

another q
m600i and w850i r they worth the mony
or should i go with w810i

i have 12k n91 on my mind but dont know whether i ll get it thats why i asking for a second choice

what about n80 it got wifi and symbian
if i get 2gb it will still cost me only 14.5k

more sugesstions and coments pls

does any nokia phone in this range support 4gb minisd or microsd

did lot of research and came up with this w610i + 4 gb m2
can it be better than w810i + 4gb mspd cost 3k more but we have true flight mode (w810 has only music only mode ) + trackid + walkman 2.0

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
drdsak: - I also wanted to buy the SE W610i, but when I went to the market I found out that the stock W610i costs 13.2k. So I packed my bags from that shop and returned back home. Actually I had read somewhere that this phone costs 11.6k. Thats why I opted for the phone. But now I have to wait for sometime.

K

krazyfrog

drdsak said:
again thanx for responss

my question is whether 8gb mspd available in india

also i read in some forums that any phone that supports 4gb will support 8gb as
it will recognize fat32 for 4gb is only fat32

i already have ep-630 got it with my dell 1520

another q
m600i and w850i r they worth the mony
or should i go with w810i

i have 12k n91 on my mind but dont know whether i ll get it thats why i asking for a second choice

what about n80 it got wifi and symbian
if i get 2gb it will still cost me only 14.5k

more sugesstions and coments pls

does any nokia phone in this range support 4gb minisd or microsd

did lot of research and came up with this w610i + 4 gb m2
can it be better than w810i + 4gb mspd cost 3k more but we have true flight mode (w810 has only music only mode ) + trackid + walkman 2.0
1. I don't think so.

2. I still think you should buy a phone with built-in high capacity instead of buying a high capacity card and overloading your phone.

3. All the more reason to buy an N91. It has a 3.5mm slot built-in.

4. W850i, well not exactly. But M600i is definitely worth it.

5. Yes you can get it in 12k (4gb model). However check whether it has wi-fi in it as N91 also has a non-wi-fi/3G model (N91-5).

6. If you want good sound quality, N80 won't suit you.

7. SE P990i for 12k w/o bill + 4GB MSPD + HPM-70 headset.

8. No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom