a look at my dream machine -It's a Beast !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_gamez

In the zone
i know..alienware has been talked about...and reviewed...many a times in digit forums...but still i cant stay away...from Alienware...and i dunno why many..of them curse..it and...say its not that..good...whatever it is ! for me..its something...like a dream...so here is one config i just came across ...i hope u like this one...

Area-51® ALX

Advantage

* Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor
* NVIDIA Quad SLI
* 2.5 Terabytes of Storage
* Exclusive Alienware Liquid Chilling

Standard Features

* nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
* Liquid Chilled GPUs

the beast...unleashed. ;)
chassis -Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis
processor -Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz 4MB Cache 1066MHz FSB
power supply - 850 Watt Alienware® Multi-GPU Approved (does it really need so much )
motherboard -Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Motherboard
memory - 4GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB Best Performance!
system drive -750GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Additional Storage Drive - 1.5TB (2 x 750GB) Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 32MB Cache (dont think ..i will ever need this..but it's just a dream machine !)
Primary CD ROM/DVD ROM- 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive w/LightScribe Technology
Graphics Processor-Dual 1024MB NVIDIA® GeForce 7950 GX2 - Quad SLI Enabled Best Performance!
Monitor-Dell 30" 2560 x 1600 UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel /w HDCP
Sound Card-Alienware® Edition Sound Blaster® X-Fi® Elite High Definition 7.1 Audio with XRAM Technology
Speakers-Logitech® Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System Featuring Wireless Technology!
Keyboard- Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard
Mouse -Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse

here are few pics..of this beast
*img220.imageshack.us/img220/5816/galleryport01bigcd7.th.jpg

*img220.imageshack.us/img220/6599/galleryport02bigyf9.th.jpg

*img171.imageshack.us/img171/6245/galleryport03bigdx6.th.jpg

Last edited:
OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
Techinator said:
man the beast comes at a price tag of more than a Maruti.

At $6041 it is sth to keep just dreaming abt.

but i think it will give u a better experience than the marutri...lol..and its not 6041 $ its 7000 $ +....

G

gxsaurav

dream machine for 3 months only, some new componenet will soon relese

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
i hope this dream..comes true...someday...and that too not very difficult..if u are earning..a good amount...u can get ...it after paying customs.duty..(or if u bring a notebook.from US.there is no customs duty)..not sure about PC..

one of my friend..already.owns it ..he just got it..2 months back...but is finding it difficult..to maintain ..the beast..

Last edited:
OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
ya...it is better in some aspects...but both look almost similar..to me...but alienware rocks !!..also...the design..fo alienware..is better according ..to me...i didnt like the chassis of the RENEGADE..tht good...

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
Rollercoaster said:
BOY! that is some machine.

But how much do u guys think it will cost if assembled at home?

ya i knw ..u can even assemble machines...but i dont think..u will get all the features..like alienware liquid chilling..and all..but even if u assemble..the cost wont come below 2.4-3 lacs...thts for sure...because u see there is a 1.5 TB HDD..and liquidchilling (not cooling :lol:)..and the fastest dual core processor..a quad sli setup..(which itself. will cost 80k )...one of the best sound card..and speakers...i think..every thing in this machine is high-end...so even if u assemble..it will be quiet expensive..and looking at the pics even assembling looks quiet complicated..with all that cooling...and the last thing..i dont think..its easy to get such stunning chassis..of Alienware..!! and...not to forget..is the brand itself..Alienware..that matters..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Not impressed. You can make the same rig at home if you have enough cash with even better liquid cooling. All parts are available off the shelf. Where's the innovation on Alienware's part?
In fact you can even use a server mobo and pair 2 dual core Opteron's which would be much faster than this rig.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
if i actually had that much money to spend on a machine i would create one myself.

Or i would go ahead and mod a real car with the latest computer components.. lcds.. sensors.. (i really want to do this someday)...everything till my money lasts :-D

Emagine playing NFS Carbon displayed on the windscreen and using the actual cnntrols of ur car.. like driving wheel, gears, accilerator, breaks...
or watching teh latest movies with a surround sound inside ur car!!!!

Man Man Man not that would be a dream machine....
and quite possible to make too, except the display on the windscreen, cause i think that kinda device would be costlier then ur Alienware here.

OP
go_gamez

go_gamez

In the zone
every one's dreamz...are not the same..anywayz..this too is not my dream machine...it is just a dream PC /RIG...my dream...machine would too be a car..modified..by me..or maybe an Aston Martin V8 vantage...anywayz i am too small to have such dreamz. lol i am just 16..and...dreaming...on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom