A little Help required !

Status
Not open for further replies.

superwiz

Broken In
My borther was flashing his liteon cd writer with newer firmware/BIOS and when suddenly windows 98 crashed, now the system does not boot up.

It only shows that Americann Megatrends Bios Display and stops there, windows 98 does not start, he tried to reinstall windows 98 but the computer hungs at the Bios so cannot start computer.

did the newer Bios/firmware for the liteon CD writer destroy the mother board bios. I had read that if motherboard bios is spoilled then the motherboard cannot be repaired.

How do I solve this problem,How much cost will come to repair the motherboard :(

krish

Journeyman
If you have the socketed Bios then you can replace it. But if it is not then I'm sorry my friend, you have to spend some money..

OP
S

superwiz

Broken In
Thank you for replying but can u tell me how much will it take to repair the motherboard if possible, or do I have to buy a new motherboard :(

OP
S

superwiz

Broken In
NikhilVerma said:
Just take out the CD writer and try...

Oye, Thank you.I removed the Liteon cd writer and it worked..now the computer is starting up and windows 98 loads ha ha :p but when we connected the cd writer back it stopped again at the bios screen :cry: .

Does this mean the cd writer is faulty?

Kannan

In the zone
Yeah it seems that you have problem with your cd-writer, which might have happened due to Flashing and Windows crashing all at the same time.

Try Disabling the Drive in the BIOS by selecting the IDE Device in the BIOS and setting to NONE.

Then try to restart.

Also if the FLASH BIOS chip inside the writer is a socket type then you can remove it and get a replacement. Hope your Warranty period is not expired.

All the best .

OP
S

superwiz

Broken In
Kannan said:
Yeah it seems that you have problem with your cd-writer, which might have happened due to Flashing and Windows crashing all at the same time.

Try Disabling the Drive in the BIOS by selecting the IDE Device in the BIOS and setting to NONE.

Then try to restart.

Also if the FLASH BIOS chip inside the writer is a socket type then you can remove it and get a replacement. Hope your Warranty period is not expired.

All the best .

warranty is over 4 months back :cry: its a liteon 48x24x48x

is there anyway i can cheaply repair it :?

JAK

What the Heck !
well one simple solution.... :wink:

I had posted a solution a long time ago reg. a similar thing... :wink:

Code:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2733&highlight=firmware

if u hav trouble understandin anything post back here... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom